Six El Paso women with diverse careers all had one thing in common: gratefulness.
More than 500 El Pasoans gathered in Downtown to honor the 2022 Women of Impact at an awards breakfast Tuesday, Sept. 27, at the Hotel Paso del Norte.
Introducing this year's Women of Impact
It is with great honor and joy this week that we announce the 2022 Women of Impact. This year’s group includes outstanding women who have positively impacted our community across health, education and quality of life, just to name a few.
2022 Women of Impact
Major surgery didn’t stop Cindy Conroy.
In a crisis, Kristi Daugherty has it covered.
Linda Lawson describes herself as a nurse cheerleader.
Leila Melendez handles the big jobs that have to get done – like moving 700 employees out of City Hall in 90 days before it was demolished to make way for Southwest University Ballpark.
Stephanie Otero describes her job “as an incredible opportunity to get paid for what I love to do.”
Letty Paez doesn’t take no for an answer.
Emerging Women of Impact
Twelve years after launching Women of Impact, El Paso Inc. is expanding its reach through an offshoot program aimed at developing the region’s next generation of female leaders.
El Paso Inc.'s first Emerging Women of Impact conference took place at El Paso High on Saturday, Nov. 5. All participating students were hand selected to attend the program by their schools' administration.
Thank you to all who submitted nominations and applications to the 2022 Women of Impact.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who selects the Women of Impact winners?
The El Paso Inc. editorial board conducts the first round of scoring to determine the finalists. A panel of past Women of Impact honorees evaluate the finalists independently and determine the winners.
2. How are candidates evaluated? The selection committees scores all applications in these four areas:
- Local impact: The effect the nominee’s efforts have had on the local community
- Level of involvement: The time spent.
Breadth of reach: Scope of activities or projects (how wide reaching the person is).
- Professional achievements: Up to and including family; a homemaker is a profession.
4. When will the Women of Impact winners be announced?
They will be announced in August and will be featured in a special section of El Paso Inc. Magazine fall issue.
5. When is the awards ceremony?
It was held on September 27, 2022 at Hotel Paso Del Norte
Sign up for our newsletters
- Business leaders warn of economic fallout from Proposition K
- Greta Van Fleet to make El Paso debut - finally!
- Rental-home developer buys 94 lots in Campo del Sol
- El Paso bat company finds buyer, plans expansion
- Entrepreneur plans Eastside gym, pool nightclub
- All fueled up: El Paso shop produces world-class gas tanks
- This vending machine dispenses cake in a can
- Concert Review: Greta Van Fleet leaves no doubt, rock ‘n’ roll is back
- No politicians but plenty of action on May ballot
- Rental-home developer purchases 94 lots in Campo del Sol
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- El Paso History Radio Show: Preserving Texas history
- AP Week in Pictures: North America
- Brie Larson confirms split from Elijah Allan-Blitz: ‘I have no job, home, partner or plan!’
- Blac Chyna says being baptised kicked off journey into ‘new beginnings’
- Tyson Fury having seventh child with wife Paris: ‘What a woman... 7th incoming!’
- New Mexico OKs its 1st wildlife bridges to limit collisions
- New Mexico tribe keeps title to portion of national preserve
- Marchand breaks his NCAA record at men's swim championships