One-year-old Kyle Gerzymisch played at the bubble wall in Providence Children’s Hospital recently while he and his mother, Roxy, waited for an examination in preparation for the heart operation he will undergo in Houston. While pediatric hear…
When it comes to medical care for kids, El Paso has come a long way in a few years.
Two-thirds of the people in this country are either overweight or obese, says Leah Whigham.
With the rise of freestanding emergency centers and urgent care facilities, separate from a traditional hospital or a patient’s primary care doctor, it can be difficult to know when a situation is urgent and when it’s an emergency.
Have you heard that there is a new non-surgical treatment to eliminate a double chin? It is an injection called Kybella. Kybella (deoxycholic acid) is a recently (April 2015) FDA approved drug to treat moderate to severe fat in the submental …
In the 1920s, Dr. William Howard Hay accidentally discovered that digestion improved when certain foods were combined. Science has advanced tremendously since, but people are always looking for easy and quick solutions to get the most nutriti…
It’s hard to resist late-night cravings, but try to limit your bedtime nosh to 100 or 200 calories, 300 calories tops.
Cardiovascular disease claims 610,000 lives in the United States each year. It is the leading cause of mortality nationwide, accounting for 1 in every 4 deaths.
Red cabbage is a low-calorie food that’s a good source of vitamins. But if you’re looking for a big infusion of the potent antioxidants that blueberries are famous for, “you’re not going to get that from red cabbage,” said Amy Howell, a resea…
A handful of nuts a day may be enough to reduce the risk for death from heart disease and other ills.
Spider or varicose veins don’t usually top the list of health concerns. Swollen or visible veins are generally considered nothing more than an annoyance.
Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disorder that affects the lungs, pancreas, intestines and other organs. A genetic mutation leads to secretory glands that don’t work well; lungs can get clogged with thick mucus; the pancreas can become plugged…
You might say Judi Briant has spent more than 33 years on her feet. As a teacher with Hillsborough County schools in Florida and a professor at Hillsborough Community College, she was always standing or walking. On some days she’d put in anot…
MEDICAL AND HEALTH ARCHIVE
Sign up for our newsletters
- Off-stage with Miss El Paso USA: The road to Miss Texas USA
- Last hurrah for the Headstand
- Faith, Love, and Compassion: A father-son relationship story
- Celebrate 4th of July with fireworks and parades
- How one El Paso barber shop is changing lives
- El Paso gas prices highest among Texas cities
- Five takeaways from Uvalde schools police Chief Pete Arredondo’s interview with The Texas Tribune
- You’re never too young for a roth IRA
- Q&A: Scott Adkins, owner, PyroCom Systems
- Watch out for this new IRS tax requirement
- Poland's leader rejects West views on transgender issues
- Providers argue Florida's privacy measure protects abortion
- Detroit woman charged after body of son, 3, found in freezer
- EXPLAINER: What's the impact of a Russian debt default?
- Man fatally shot by police after domestic disturbance call
- Levesque hopes to bring redevelopment magic to Limestone
- MT WFO MISSOULA Warnings, Watches, and Advisories
- Albuquerque mayor: Pandemic erased much of progress vs crime