The University of Texas at El Paso has named Denis O’Hearn, Ph.D., dean of the College of Liberal Arts, effective July 1. Most recently, O’Hearn led the Texas A&M University Department of Sociology. He has experience as a professor and in other academic positions at several universities, including the State University of New York, Notre Dame, and institutions in Turkey, Japan, Portugal and Ireland. As a first-generation college student, O’Hearn said he is familiar with the struggles that many UTEP students experience and looks forward to helping them succeed
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Failure of retaining wall in Montecillo development sparks lawsuit, delays construction
- Ring, ring. It’s the dog
- Work begins on Foster development in North El Paso
- El Paso executive to lead Tenet’s western region
- No, the ‘DK’ does not stand for Donkey Kong
- El Paso filmmaker to direct episode of ‘Poker Face’
- Vickie Guerrero: Playing the villian role to perfection
- Bars bounce back: Downtown hotel has El Paso's highest booze sales in 2022
- Apparel brand puts love of El Paso at the ‘fore’-front
- Long a dream, cross-border freight shuttle gains steam
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Ohio to seek $1M in federal funds to study Amtrak expansion
- AHA News: Lifelong Runner and Newlywed Gets Pacemaker to Power Her Heart
- Man who fatally shot 3 Texas teens in 1998 faces execution
- Famed Portland goats let loose in protest of homeless sweep
- Paralegal angry by Alex Murdaugh theft, knew he loved family
- Indiana Republicans back partisan school boards switch
- Editorial Roundup: Mississippi
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 'LeBron makes me love the game again'