It’s been nearly two years since Jennifer Han, aka El Paso’s Sweetheart, has put on a pair of boxing gloves in a competitive bout.
More Local Stories
In 1988, Bob Stull took the UTEP football team to the Independence Bowl, the Miners first postseason appearance in more than 20 years. He had a staff filled with assistant coaches who were all young and unproven.
Hope spring eternal, so here are my hopes for the new 2020 year:
Could El Paso host a National Hockey League exhibition game?
Normally, if someone was told they were half the man they used to be, they might consider those fighting words. But for UTEP basketball’s Efe Odigie, they’re taken as a compliment.
It has been an eventful last few weeks for the UTEP men’s basketball team.
I’ll always be thankful to Sun Bowl Association Executive Director Bernie Olivas and his staff for picking me as the 2019 Legend of the Sun Bowl.
As we wind down 2019 and the second decade of the millennium, I am already looking ahead to 2020 and what I would like the sports gods to deliver El Pasoans over the next 10 years.
I just had a horrible thought. What if there was no Sun Bowl?
This year’s Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl is the best possible outcome for El Paso.
DeWanna Bonner scored 18 points, Alyssa Thomas added 17 and the Connecticut Sun beat the Dallas Wings 70-66 on Wednesday night.
Dak Prescott stuck with his virtual hiatus trying to get a long-term contract that never came during the offseason.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly had his suspension for throwing pitches near the heads of Houston hitters reduced to five games on appeal.
HOUSTON (AP) — Bill Yeoman, the longtime Houston football coach who led the Cougars to four Southwest Conference titles and a school-record 160 victories, has died. He was 92.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Myles Turner had 18 points, reserve Edmond Sumner added a season-high 17 and Indiana held off a late rally by Houston and James Harden to break a five-game losing streak to the Rockets, 108-104 on Wednesday.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mel Stute, who trained Snow Chief to victory in the 1986 Preakness and the Eclipse Award as the nation’s best 3-year-old male, died Wednesday. He was 93.
Michigan's Big House will be sitting empty when the leaves start to change this fall.
A couple of months ago, the New York Giants seemed to be set at one cornerback spot and with plenty of choices at the other.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Bill Belichick has eight Super Bowl rings. Maybe he should also have four stars.
Nashville SC (0-2-0, 13th in the Western Conference) vs. FC Dallas (1-0-1, 10th in the Western Conference)
WASHINGTON (AP) — A report Wednesday by the State Department’s internal watchdog confirms news accounts that staffers at the U.S. Embassy in Britain have accused Woody Johnson, owner of the New York Jets and the U.S. ambassador, of making “in…
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — A breakdown of the possibilities for Thursday's games involving Portland, Memphis, Phoenix and San Antonio, the four teams vying for the two Western Conference play-in series spots:
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — A team is going to reach the Western Conference playoffs with a losing record for the first time in 23 years, which ordinarily would not be exciting news.
The Big 12 Conference reaffirmed its decision to press on with college football and other fall sports Wednesday, joining the Atlantic Coast and Southeastern conferences in taking the field amid the coronavirus pandemic.
NEW YORK (AP) — Jason Sudeikis was a huge sports fan growing up in Kansas, especially basketball. Not so much that game where you kick a ball into a goal.
NEW YORK (AP) — Two years after filing a first-of-its-kind lawsuit, an aggrieved harness-racing bettor has received $20,000 in the settlement of his claims that he was cheated out of his winnings when a doped horse won a race in New Jersey in 2016.
Sign up for our newsletters
- Over 120 El Paso businesses close for good; others fight for survival as aid dries up
- 'That’s Texas water. It’s going to be Texas water!': New water dispute arises with New Mexico
- Geologist digs up new footprints, burrows in borderland
- Butterfield Trail Golf Club gets second chance as City Council considers lease
- ‘Mija, Yes You Can’ seeks to empower, support
- Whispers: the latest Costco rumor, big gas deal and Mesa Street curse
- Governing with moxie: How New Mexico governor got on Joe Biden’s shortlist
- An El Paso couple restored a Trost house in Central. They didn't have to wait long for offers.
- Businesses close for good
- Sandwich chain opens first El Paso location
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Close adviser to Venezuela's president has coronavirus
- Complaints as medical waste piles up outside Mexico hospital
- Education Advanced, Inc. Ranks No. 2618 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Bonner scores 18, Sun hold off Wings 70-66
- Native American man seeks further delay of federal execution
- Tennessee lawmakers end session on protests, COVID liability
- Mexico judge holds gang leader for trial for fuel theft
- SC doc overseeing pandemic response: Data shows masks work