After 11 seasons of professional baseball, Cody Decker was finally ready to call it a career.
More Local Stories
June 27 was a celebration for Chris Hanna.
The man with a golden touch. How else can I describe Paul Foster when it comes to sports?
In 1951, a printer at The El Paso Herald-Post, Bill Silver, invited me to take up golf at what was then called Valdespino Course.
As Cohen Stadium is demolished and transformed into a new entertainment district, my memories of the ballpark date back to the summer of 1990.
El Paso Chihuahuas’ Logan Allen is the latest young starting pitcher to get the call to the big leagues.
One of the most popular and well-planned Halls of Fame in El Paso is the one for baseball. I mean, the El Paso Baseball Hall of Fame is so well organized it plans ahead, has a spectacular website and offers plenty of press releases.
What a terrible blow for UTEP football’s 2019 season.
The 2019 UTEP football season is still more than two months away, but a story broke June 9 that has fans wondering about the Miners’ quarterback position.
With the Belmont Stakes held this weekend, it reminded me of the time an El Paso horse took me to the Triple Crown races.
SEATTLE (AP) — Rougned Odor homered twice, Nomar Mazara reached the third deck with an impressive drive and the Texas Rangers beat the Seattle Mariners 7-2 Tuesday night to end an eight-game skid.
HOUSTON (AP) — Matt Olson hit a three-run home run in the ninth inning and Ramon Laureano added a ground-rule RBI double with one out in the 11th, giving the Oakland Athletics a 4-3 win over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.
DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Mavericks have signed free agent Boban Marjanovic, bringing the 7-foot-3 center back to Texas three years after he spent his rookie season with the rival San Antonio Spurs.
DALLAS (AP) — A 26-year-old man has been given probation after pleading guilty to posing as a 17-year-old student so he could play basketball at a Dallas high school and groping a 14-year-old girl.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mixed martial arts great Anderson "Spider" Silva of Brazil has become a U.S. citizen in a naturalization ceremony in Los Angeles.
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Spurs Sports & Entertainment has promoted two-time NBA executive of the year RC Buford to chief executive officer, effective Sept. 3.
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — A University of Texas at Arlington report says former golf coach Stuart Deane was found responsible for sexual harassment through inappropriate comments to some of his female athletes.
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Former U.S. men's national team player and current assistant coach Josh Wolff will be the first head coach of Austin FC, the new Major League Soccer franchise that is scheduled to begin play in 2021.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Three-time Super Bowl champion and cancer survivor Joe Andruzzi can now add college graduate to his list of accomplishments.
Texas Rangers (50-50, fourth in the AL West) vs. Seattle Mariners (41-62, fifth in the AL West)
Oakland Athletics (57-44, second in the AL West) vs. Houston Astros (65-37, first in the AL West)
NEW YORK (AP) — Alexis Peterson and her Force 10 teammates see themselves as the "Founding Mothers."
SEATTLE (AP) — Marco Gonzales recovered from a shaky start to throw seven strong innings, Austin Nola hit a three-run homer to put Seattle ahead for good, and the Mariners handed the Texas Rangers their eighth straight loss with a 7-3 victory…
HOUSTON (AP) — Gerrit Cole pitched seven strong innings and Aledmys Diaz, Yordan Alvarez and Yuli Gurriel homered as the Houston Astros jumped on Homer Bailey for nine runs early and sailed to an 11-1 win over the Oakland Athletics on Monday night.
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs has been remembered at a memorial service as a beloved son, husband, teammate and friend whose upbeat personality brought joy to everyone around him.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets have signed former Texans tight end Ryan Griffin.
Sign up for our newsletters
- El Paso eateries heating up Food Network
- Property value losses big surprise to city
- Kansas ‘carries on’ with El Paso show, new album
- EPISD suspends police chief
- Coworking space coming to Central
- The Hospitals of Providence to reopen vacant hospital as El Paso's first spine and pain specialty hospital
- Wine couple launches business, moves to El Paso
- EPISD police chief on leave pending investigation
- IDEA, Burnham Wood plan new campuses as charter schools expand in El Paso
- Whispers: Bill Sanders ranch sold, the Perspektivenweg and art news
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Mired in poverty, Afghans bring their children to work
- Automaker Daimler loses $1.3 billion on diesel, air bag woes
- Did Facebook data help Trump? 'Great Hack' explores scandal
- Restructuring Deutsche Bank posts $3.45 billion loss
- Judge temporarily blocks new Arkansas anti-abortion laws
- Federal judge blocks three new abortion restrictions from taking effect in Arkansas this week
- Parent charged in college bribery scheme set to plead guilty
- Odor, Mazara help Rangers beat Mariners to end 8-game skid