The man with a golden touch. How else can I describe Paul Foster when it comes to sports?
More Local Stories
In 1951, a printer at The El Paso Herald-Post, Bill Silver, invited me to take up golf at what was then called Valdespino Course.
As Cohen Stadium is demolished and transformed into a new entertainment district, my memories of the ballpark date back to the summer of 1990.
El Paso Chihuahuas’ Logan Allen is the latest young starting pitcher to get the call to the big leagues.
One of the most popular and well-planned Halls of Fame in El Paso is the one for baseball. I mean, the El Paso Baseball Hall of Fame is so well organized it plans ahead, has a spectacular website and offers plenty of press releases.
What a terrible blow for UTEP football’s 2019 season.
The 2019 UTEP football season is still more than two months away, but a story broke June 9 that has fans wondering about the Miners’ quarterback position.
With the Belmont Stakes held this weekend, it reminded me of the time an El Paso horse took me to the Triple Crown races.
Brian Green arrived in Las Cruces five years ago with a goal of turning around the NMSU baseball program. It did not take long to achieve his goal.
I’ve known Joey Pennisi, who is retiring at the end of this school year after 42 years of teaching and coaching in El Paso County (including the Ysleta, El Paso and Socorro school districts), since he was a little tyke.
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Two Southeastern Conference Western Division programs hope transfer quarterbacks can give them a boost in the standings.
PHOENIX (AP) — Brittney Griner scored 23 points, including the go-ahead basket with 33.9 seconds left, and the Phoenix Mercury held off the Dallas Wings 69-64 on Wednesday.
BOSTON (AP) — If this basketball thing doesn't work out for Brad Stevens, he already has a backup plan in mind.
The weekly fishing report as compiled for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department for July 17 and also available on the internet at http://www.txfishing.com :
CESTAYROLS, France (AP) — When he got the call that Monsieur le Directeur of the Tour de France and friends would be dining in his restaurant and would it be possible, please, to serve them truffles, chef Georges Bermond sprang into action.
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Germany's Hossein Ensan outlasted Italy's Dario Sammartino and Canada's Alex Livingston to claim the $10 million title early Wednesday at the 50th World Series of Poker Main Event in Las Vegas.
NEW YORK (AP) — Former Auburn University assistant basketball coach Chuck Person has avoided prison in a bribery scandal that has touched some of the biggest schools in college basketball.
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Cardinals released tackle Desmond Harrison on Wednesday after police in North Carolina issued a warrant for his arrest on assault charges.
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — The Latest on SEC media days (all times local):
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — It's Alabama's turn at Southeastern Conference media days.
Houston Astros (59-37, first in the AL West) vs. Los Angeles Angels (50-46, fourth in the AL West)
Arizona Diamondbacks (48-47, second in the NL West) vs. Texas Rangers (50-45, third in the NL West)
SEATTLE (AP) — Edgar Martinez trained for every aspect of his career.
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Albert Pujols hit a bases-clearing double during the Angels' six-run first inning, and Los Angeles remained unbeaten in five games since the All-Star break with a 7-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Rookie Alex Young allowed one run in 5 1/3 innings to help the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Texas Rangers 9-2 on Tuesday night.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Chicago outfielder Eloy Jimenez and Kansas City shortstop Adalberto Mondesi have left Tuesday night's game due to injuries.
Sign up for our newsletters
- Foreclosure sale of Westside iFly on again
- Wine couple launches business, moves to El Paso
- El Paso Electric's proposed sale to private equity firm under scrutiny
- Lease signed, El Paso Chamber moving to Mills
- The Hospitals of Providence to reopen vacant hospital as El Paso's first spine and pain specialty hospital
- An example of humane care for migrants in Deming
- El Paso Electric rating under review for downgrade
- Abraham now faces 30 years in prison
- November ballot may include largest-ever El Paso bond
- TxDOT names new El Paso district engineer
- El Chapo sentenced to life, ending notorious criminal career
- Mormon leader Russell M. Nelson to speak at NAACP convention
- House votes to hold attorney general, commerce secretary in contempt of Congress over 2020 census citizenship question
- Arkansas, Mississippi State hope transfers boost QB play
- Mercury keep Wings winless on the road, 69-64
- Celtics' Stevens on board with lookalike candidate Buttigieg
- House votes to block sale of weapons to Saudi Arabia
- US Air Force warns against joke event to 'storm Area 51'