Warmest congratulations to the 2013 Women of Impact!
2013 Women of Impact
There’s a personal reason Susan Guerra became a puppeteer in 1982...
Rosa Guerrero just smiles when a fifth grader asks why she isn’t dead. That kind of confusion can arise when a school is named after you, and you’re still alive.
The CEO/owner of Facilities Connection, Inc. isn’t kidding: she’s thankful she’s an American. Despite the business honors and awards she’s received over the years, Patty Holland-Branch hasn’t for- gotten the early struggles.
If you want to balance someone’s civic accomplishments with the fond memories others have of them, then you might start with 2013 Women of Impact Linda Daw Hudson.
Stephanie Karr admits her Mom Genes kicked in when she was fostering babies. But the El Paso Center Against Family Violence’s executive director considers it just one cog in a life of social service activities.
Dennece Knight, executive director of the University Medical Center Foundation, credits “her hero” for instilling persistence in Knight’s DNA.
Sign up for our newsletters
- El Paso leads major Texas cities in debt not approved by voters
- Q&A: Nico Tejeda, market CEO, The Hospitals of Providence
- UPDATE: County bans fireworks
- City looks at how to close financial hole
- Chihuahua Cerveza launches in El Paso
- Whispers: Fore! Or 6?, Tory Burch news, and gone to the dogs
- GECU Foundation has new director, board members
- Commissioners reverse vote; Sacred Heart Church will be part of Segundo Barrio district
- City names director of cultural affairs and recreation
- Building an outdoor kitchen?
- Utah school district's schedule to mix class, home learning
- Chief Justice Roberts recently spent a night in a hospital
- Would-be travelers in Taiwan live out dreams of flying again
- University of California system names 1st Black president