Warmest congratulations to the 2013 Women of Impact!
2013 Women of Impact
There’s a personal reason Susan Guerra became a puppeteer in 1982...
Rosa Guerrero just smiles when a fifth grader asks why she isn’t dead. That kind of confusion can arise when a school is named after you, and you’re still alive.
The CEO/owner of Facilities Connection, Inc. isn’t kidding: she’s thankful she’s an American. Despite the business honors and awards she’s received over the years, Patty Holland-Branch hasn’t for- gotten the early struggles.
If you want to balance someone’s civic accomplishments with the fond memories others have of them, then you might start with 2013 Women of Impact Linda Daw Hudson.
Stephanie Karr admits her Mom Genes kicked in when she was fostering babies. But the El Paso Center Against Family Violence’s executive director considers it just one cog in a life of social service activities.
Dennece Knight, executive director of the University Medical Center Foundation, credits “her hero” for instilling persistence in Knight’s DNA.
Sign up for our newsletters
- 5 things to know about Chilean songstress Mon Laferte
- Texas Tech acquires El Paso TV station; secures home of Elmo and Daniel Tiger
- Whispers: Grrrrrrreat Sun Bowl news, Sam Elliott surprise and Total Wine
- Mystery solved: Central Appraisal District explains unexpected valuation losses
- Report: El Paso Electric sale profits shareholders, little benefit for customers
- Q&A: Enrique Grajeda, president and CEO, Mount Franklin Foods
- Nelly, TLC, Flo Rida mix 3 musical eras in epic tour
- Elliott & Ross: Couple shines at Plaza Classic fest
- Boz Scaggs brings true rhythm, blues to Plaza Theatre
- Dual-credit programs show results
- Man at center of 'Innocent Man' documentary may soon be free
- Pence 3 RBIs for Texas, another last-AB win against Angels
- Verlander allows 2 HRs in 2-hitter, loses 2-1 to Tigers
- Investigators raid online Oklahoma charter school's vendor
- Once upon a time in fatherhood: Tarantino to become a dad
- The Latest: AP sources: Inslee to seek 3rd term as governor
- Two people close to Washington Gov. Jay Inslee tell The Associated Press that he intends to seek a 3rd term as governor