Past Women of Impact honorees
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who selects the Women of Impact winners?
The El Paso Inc. editorial board conducts the first round of scoring to determine the finalists. A panel of past Women of Impact honorees evaluate the finalists independently and determine the winners.
2. How are candidates evaluated? The selection committees scores all applications in these four areas:
- Local impact: The effect the nominee’s efforts have had on the local community
- Level of involvement: The time spent.
Breadth of reach: Scope of activities or projects (how wide reaching the person is).
- Professional achievements: Up to and including family; a homemaker is a profession.
4. When will the Women of Impact winners be announced?
They were announced on Aug. 18 and will be featured in a special section of El Paso Inc. Magazine fall issue.
5. When is the awards ceremony?
Awards breakfast is scheduled for Tuesday, October 8 with the reception at 7:30 a.m. and program at 8:30 a.m.
Sign up for our newsletters
- 1922: ‘Secret’ bar El Paso’s most intimate new joint
- Abraham sentenced to 10 years probation
- Remaking a historic gem
- Armida Ramirez
- Study: El Paso No. 1 for doctor demand
- Robert Andrew Phoenix
- Residents fight for future of Vista Hills golf course
- Pier 1 Imports to close up to half its stores, including one in El Paso
- Workforce Solutions Borderplex names new CEO
- Your food scraps are this company’s treasure
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Photo cropping mistake leads to AP soul-searching on race
- Florida could use drones to fight pythons, invasive species
- Bill would curb nondisclosure agreements in sex harassment
- Amid impeachment and Iowa, 2020 top tier jilts New Hampshire
- At Sundance, Clinton warns of voter suppression in election
- Bill would set primaries in special Georgia U.S. Senate vote