EPISD offers a variety of magnet or special programs at high school campuses throughout the district:
• The pre-engineering magnet program at Chapin High School, located in Northeast El Paso on military property, teaches students key elements and skills of engineering and technology-based careers by immersing them in rigorous engineering problems.
• Silva Health Magnet at Jefferson High School campus, in South Central El Paso, prepares future health care professionals.
• Sandra Day O’Connor Criminal Justice/Public Service Academy at Austin High School, located in Central El Paso, guides cadets with high ideals of duty, honor and integrity in order to graduate leaders who are college ready, life ready and dedicated to a career in public service.
• International Baccalaureate Diploma Program at Coronado High School, located in West El Paso, offers a challenging curriculum that is internationally recognized by many leading universities.
• Mundos Unidos/Connecting Worlds at El Paso High School, located in Central El Paso, is a Spanish/English dual language program that begins at Mesita Elementary and continues at Wiggs Middle School.
• International Business Academy at Bowie High School, uniquely located near the U.S.-Mexico border, seeks to develop future business leaders through focused use of business technologies and an enriched curriculum.
• Texas Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (T-STEM) Academy at Irvin High School, located in Northeast El Paso, promotes education strategies that integrates the teaching of STEM in a way that challenges students to innovate and invent.
• Transmountain Early College High School, located in Northeast El Paso, gives students an opportunity to graduate from high school with an associate’s degree.
• Burges Early College High School, located at Burges High School, a traditional high school campus in East Central El Paso, gives students an opportunity to graduate from high school with an associate’s degree.