Hopefully by the time this makes its way to you via print or the internet ether, the unrest will have quieted down. But I must tell you that writing about it provoked some heated discussion at El Paso Inc. There was a great concern, especially among our younger staffers, that I would take a …
Let me offer a bit of levity to take your mind off having to stay home all day and watch television. Oh you aren’t? Shame on you. For the first time ever Americans have been asked to help save the country by turning into TV-watching couch potatoes. We must not screw this up!
There is unfinished business in connection with the Aug. 3 shooting. First, of course, is dealing with the shooter. (See David Crowder’s story on the front page on why El Paso and not the Feds will try the shooter first at a cost estimated into the millions) The other piece of unfinished bus…
The Trump administration has drafted an executive order that would have a profound impact on the built environment for years to come.
El Paso Inc. is now in its 25th year, something we are noting with a few discrete reminders in the run-up to the silver anniversary date later this year. Our chief designer Edgar Gonzalez has woven a little reminder of the event into our front page nameplate, and we will roll out other marke…
With its origins rooted in efforts to combat unregulated false and deceptive advertising, the Better Business Bureau has been working to foster an ethical marketplace since 1912. Today, the BBB is often associated with resolving disputes and calling out bad actors. While that is an important…
The El Paso Community Foundation and KVIA held a farewell reception Monday for former news anchor Estela Casas. Upwards of 200 people turned out, including the mayor, elected representatives, colleagues and various community organizations – beneficiaries of her charitable endeavors.
Sign up for our newsletters
- El Paso leads major Texas cities in debt not approved by voters
- Q&A: Nico Tejeda, market CEO, The Hospitals of Providence
- City looks at how to close financial hole
- UPDATE: County bans fireworks
- Chihuahua Cerveza launches in El Paso
- Whispers: Fore! Or 6?, Tory Burch news, and gone to the dogs
- GECU Foundation has new director, board members
- City names director of cultural affairs and recreation
- Building an outdoor kitchen?
- Commissioners reverse vote on historic district
- German prosecutors close probe of 1980 Oktoberfest bombing
- Africa's confirmed COVID-19 cases now above a half-million
- Africa's confirmed coronavirus cases now above a half-million as South Africa becomes a global hot spot
- China dismisses Australian warning of arbitrary detention
- UK Treasury chief plans boost to youth jobs
- Rescuers seek 9 people missing in central China landslide
- Rare gorillas in Nigeria captured on camera with babies
- Jude Law 'in talks' to play Captain Hook in Disney's Peter Pan and Wendy