Tucked inside President Trump’s 2017 tax overhaul package is an incentive that offers investors huge tax breaks for developing in designated underserved areas the government calls Opportunity Zones.
When I worked here as a reporter, one of my favorite beats to cover was Downtown. I arrived in El Paso in 2008, just as Downtown revitalization was getting going – a great time to be a business reporter in El Paso.
If you were in the Cielo Vista neighborhood between 7 and 8 p.m. last Sunday, you might have seen a 30-something dad wearing a skate helmet and wrist guards riding on rollerblades with a miniature dachshund, reliving the ‘90s while attracting stares.
Is family vacation an oxymoron?
Retirement is a funny thing. Even if you’ve planned for it – mostly the financial part – it’s still a leap into the unknown, a scary proposition.
HOUSTON – With an afternoon to kill recently wife Ellie and I were torn between two local choices: Should we visit the Van Gogh exhibit at the museum? Or the San Jacinto Battlefield?
What is black and white and red all over? Newspapers’ balance sheets.
At night, soldiers dropped dynamite into the ocean at random – small depth charges designed to deter militants from sneaking into the harbor underwater.
Tony Hsieh is the CEO of a multibillion-dollar online retailer and reportedly has a net worth of around $840 million.
At first, it looks like any other officious bureaucratic facility – government seals, paperwork, cold fluorescent lighting and lines of chairs filled with impatient people waiting to be called.
Sign up for our newsletters
- River Oaks reveals growth plans, new Albertsons
- Revisiting Readyone
- City to lease 17th floor of Blue Flame building
- Cadence Lending picks up WestStar Bank's mortgage business
- Emily Davis to open for Bad Religion on tour
- Bob Jones, former head of NCED, released from prison
- Maná playlist: ‘Rayando El Sol Tour’
- Whispers: Tailgating together, Natalicio travels and new Zuill
- Gom Ramen serves up tasty, spicy simplicity
- Why ReadyOne, a nonprofit, pays its board members
- Winds from Tropical Storm Humberto sweep through Bahamas
- Vegas area, casinos charge ahead with electric vehicle spots
- Trump targets border state with rally amid defiant Democrats
- New zero-emission electric shuttles tested at Sabino Canyon
- Ethiopia releases Lebanese businessman held since last week
- The United Auto Workers union says talks with General Motors have broken down and its members will strike Sunday night
- Inmate at Tennessee prison dies, facility placed on lockdown
- The Latest: UAW says strike will happen if GM holds firm