If you were in the Cielo Vista neighborhood between 7 and 8 p.m. last Sunday, you might have seen a 30-something dad wearing a skate helmet and wrist guards riding on rollerblades with a miniature dachshund, reliving the ‘90s while attracting stares.
Is family vacation an oxymoron?
Retirement is a funny thing. Even if you’ve planned for it – mostly the financial part – it’s still a leap into the unknown, a scary proposition.
HOUSTON – With an afternoon to kill recently wife Ellie and I were torn between two local choices: Should we visit the Van Gogh exhibit at the museum? Or the San Jacinto Battlefield?
What is black and white and red all over? Newspapers’ balance sheets.
At night, soldiers dropped dynamite into the ocean at random – small depth charges designed to deter militants from sneaking into the harbor underwater.
Tony Hsieh is the CEO of a multibillion-dollar online retailer and reportedly has a net worth of around $840 million.
At first, it looks like any other officious bureaucratic facility – government seals, paperwork, cold fluorescent lighting and lines of chairs filled with impatient people waiting to be called.
All editors have pet peeves. One of mine: when writers use the phrase, “I have no words to describe it.” It’s a cliché and just another way of saying I’m too lazy to try.
The partial federal shutdown ricocheted around America, tearing through some households while leaving others untouched. Unlike a bullet that leaves a trail of distruction, the shutdown’s impact has been largely unseen – the private financial struggles and fears of an estimated 800,000 federa…
Sign up for our newsletters
- El Paso eateries heating up Food Network
- Property value losses big surprise to city
- Kansas ‘carries on’ with El Paso show, new album
- EPISD suspends police chief
- Coworking space coming to Central
- The Hospitals of Providence to reopen vacant hospital as El Paso's first spine and pain specialty hospital
- Wine couple launches business, moves to El Paso
- EPISD police chief on leave pending investigation
- IDEA, Burnham Wood plan new campuses as charter schools expand in El Paso
- Whispers: Bill Sanders ranch sold, the Perspektivenweg and art news
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Mired in poverty, Afghans bring their children to work
- Automaker Daimler loses $1.3 billion on diesel, air bag woes
- Did Facebook data help Trump? 'Great Hack' explores scandal
- Restructuring Deutsche Bank posts $3.45 billion loss
- Judge temporarily blocks new Arkansas anti-abortion laws
- Federal judge blocks three new abortion restrictions from taking effect in Arkansas this week
- Parent charged in college bribery scheme set to plead guilty
- Odor, Mazara help Rangers beat Mariners to end 8-game skid