Julius (Jay) Heins, 95, passed away on March 24, 2020.
Joan Ferguson Coleman passed away on Feb. 27 at the home of her daughter, Shelli Ferguson, where she was lovingly cared for the last month of her life after suffering devastating injuries from a fall. She was 90 years old.
Bob Wade, a Texas artist whose 40-foot-long iguana sculpture once perched atop the Lone Star Cafe in Manhattan and whose 63-foot-high saxophone lured patrons to a blues nightclub in Houston, died Dec. 24 at his home in Austin.
Bettie Alice (Spires) Tritton of El Paso, Texas, born in Midland, died peacefully on December 23, 2019. Bettie was preceded in death by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Leslie George Spires and her daughter Elizabeth Alice (Libby) Tritton.
Ernest Barnard Polk, known as Nardy to family and friends, died Dec. 21 at age 71 in El Paso. The son of the late Sue Jackson Polk and Hibbard Glenn Polk, Nardy was born and raised in El Paso. He graduated from Austin High School in 1966, where he was the class valedictorian, All Austin Boy …
Dr. Ronald “Ron” Adelbert Gum fought the good fight with grace and courage over many years until, peacefully slumbering, he succumbed to Alzheimer’s disease while living out his final days at Holmes Park Hospice House in Medford, Oregon.
Elizabeth (Betty) Young Taber has left her earthly body and is now enjoying eternal life free at last from all pain and afflictions in the presence of God the Father and her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Louis Galanter, born on Aug. 18, 1928, died on May 29, 2018. Louis was the owner and operator of Cortez Jewelers in El Paso, Texas, for 49 years. He was active in the company’s daily operations up until this year.
Sign up for our newsletters
- Magnitude 5 earthquake felt in El Paso
- El Paso bank faces shareholder revolt
- Why El Paso businesses impacted by the pandemic should consider filing a claim even if the chances of an award seem slim
- Coronavirus in El Paso: Latest updates
- New Mexico to order 'non-essential businesses' to close
- El Paso Rescheduled Concerts & Events
- El Paso gas prices drop
- 5Qs: Radio La Chusma on hot new single, video
- Community in a time of social distancing
- Q&A: Germán Rosas Acosta, UTEP associate professor, virus expert
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- FAQ on stimulus checks, unemployment and the coronavirus bill
- Indiana finances take a big blow from coronavirus crisis
- Whitmer OKs $150M to fight pandemic, vetoes other spending
- Judge halts lawsuits against local Boy Scout councils
- Higginbotham Brings Relief to Local Restaurants and Service Workers
- Judge won't halt Watkins College-Belmont University merger
- Doctor: 2 weeks for North Carolina order to take slow cases
- Roasting vegetables is a basic of simple, healthy cooking