HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — President Joe Biden says he would prefer to cut the duration of programs in his big social services and climate change package rather than eliminate some entirely, as Democrats struggle to win support from moderates by trimming what had been a $3.5 trillion proposal.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A former Boeing test pilot pleaded not guilty Friday to charges that he deceived regulators by withholding information about a key system that played a role in two deadly crashes involving Boeing 737 Max jets.
BERLIN, El Salvador (AP) — At a geothermal power plant near El Salvador’s Tecapa volcano, 300 computers whir inside a trailer as they make complex mathematical calculations day and night verifying transactions for the cryptocurrency bitcoin.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida legislators should overhaul the state's condominium laws in the wake of the Surfside building collapse that killed 98 to address inspections, ensuring proper reserves are in place to make major safety repairs and other issues, according to a task force report…
NEW YORK (AP) — The lawyer for an Afghan man awaiting trial in Manhattan federal court on charges that he commanded the Taliban fighters responsible in the killing of three American soldiers said Friday it was “preposterous" to charge his client in deaths that occurred in a war the U.S. started.
Amazon's audiobook service Audible and phone apps for reading the holy books of Islam and Christianity have disappeared from the Apple store in mainland China, in the latest examples of the country's tightening rules for internet firms.
A roundup of some of the most popular but completely untrue stories and visuals of the week. None of these are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media. The Associated Press checked them out. Here are the facts:
International Business Accelerator
Rotary Club of El Paso
Dr. Jose Burgos, an internist and the medical director of University Medical Center of El Paso’s hospitalist program, has donated $27,500 to the University Medical Center Foundation. “The generosity of the El Paso community has allowed the Un…
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons has awarded El Paso oral and maxillofacial surgeon Dr. Vernon P. Burke its humanitarian award for the work he does in El Paso and Juárez to help children with facial deformities. He …
Great Minds in America has named Christian Servin, associate professor of computer science at El Paso Community College, a 2021 Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Corporation award winner. Servin was recognized in the education cat…
El Paso-based Jordan Foster Construction was recognized for the quality of its construction safety and wellness plan by the Associated General Contractors of America. It was awarded second place nationally in the Willis Towers Watson Construc…
Sandra Gutierrez, an engineer with Parkhill’s transportation sector in El Paso, has earned her Professional Engineering license in Texas. Gutierrez has designed everything from horizontal and vertical roadway alignments to hike and bike paths…
El Paso credit union TFCU has become an official sponsor of the FC Juárez soccer team. The club, which was formed in 2015 by a group of families in Juárez and El Paso, competes in Liga MX. TFCU was established in 1936 and has more than $800 m…
The Texas Department of State Health Services has awarded Las Palmas Medical Center a Level IV maternal facility designation, the highest designation possible. Of 223 designated maternal facilities in Texas, 32 are Level IV. The 327-bed hospi…
El Pasoans with local 915 numbers can typically call a restaurant for takeout or their friends and colleagues – really any local number – by dialing seven numbers. But 10-digit dialing is coming to El Paso, and starting Oct. 25, those with ph…
Sign up for our newsletters
- El Paso hospitals struggle to fill hundreds of positions; offer sign-on bonuses as high as $20,000
- Rhinos ready to roll under new coach, league
- El Paso crime falls; Sun City remains among safest cities
- As marijuana becomes legal in New Mexico, two towns hold lessons for the borderland
- Hello Winners!
- GECU reveals plans to expand outside of El Paso region
- Whispers: Chope's reopens, more food news and Kevin Lovell on the run
- Judge rejects lawsuit on early end to unemployment benefits
- El Paso Film Festival focuses on local talent, networking
- Texas Nurse Practitioners recognizes El Pasoan
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- 4 Russian tourists found dead at Albania beach resort
- China's Shenzhou-13 spacecraft docks for 6-month mission
- Coldplay have 5 unreleased James Bond films
- Christopher Walken didn't come 'remotely close' to play Han Solo
- ASEAN downgrades Myanmar presence in summit in major rebuke
- AP PHOTOS: Children brave the cold in makeshift Bosnian camp
- Analysis: Beirut street battles may spell even darker times
- Houston will look to extend series lead over Boston in Game 2