BOSTON (AP) — Tenants saddled with months of back rent are facing the end of the federal eviction moratorium Saturday, a move that could lead to millions being forced from their homes just as the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus is rapidly spreading.
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — States across the U.S. are looking to adopt new recycling regimes that require producers of packaging to pay for its inevitable disposal — but industry is digging in to try to halt the movement.
PARIS (AP) — France braced for more protests on Saturday against the upcoming special virus passes that will be needed to enter restaurants, as police took up posts along Paris’ Champs-Elysees to guard against an invasion of the famed avenue by rowdy demonstrators.
ISLAMABAD — Pakistani authorities have imposed a lockdown in the southern Sindh province, including the commercial hub of Karachi and other urban centers, amid an alarming increase in COVID-19 cases.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Russian hackers behind the massive SolarWinds cyberespionage campaign broke into the email accounts some of the most prominent federal prosecutors’ offices around the country last year, the Justice Department said.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senators are returning to the Capitol for a rare Saturday session as they try to make further progress on a roughly $1 trillion infrastructure plan.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A nationwide eviction moratorium expired Saturday after President Joe Biden and Democrats in Congress worked furiously but ultimately failed to align on a long-shot strategy to prevent millions of Americans from being forced from their homes during a COVID-19 surge.
With tax season underway, you are probably looking forward to receiving your tax refund. Or you may have received a bonus at your job! If you are waiting for your tax refund or bonus, you may already be thinking of using it on your next vacation, a down payment on a vehicle or something else…
International Business Accelerator
Democrats and Republicans have been negotiating the passage of a multitrillion-dollar infrastructure bill focused on repairing traditional infrastructure, including bridges, highways and airports. However, a chunk of the proposed funding should be invested in the international ports of entry…
Rotary Club of El Paso
El Paso Electric has hired Ivan Chavarria as its new public relations specialist. Most recently, Chavarria was a public affairs specialist with the city of El Paso. He has a bachelor’s degree in graphic design and marketing from the Universit…
UnitedHealthcare has awarded a $100,000 grant to El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank. The grant supports the nonprofit’s efforts to provide emergency food relief during the pandemic. It is enough to fund 700,000 meals.
The Borderplex Alliance, a private sector-led economic development organization in El Paso, has hired Christian Diaz as director of special initiatives. Diaz has a bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University and an MBA from the University…
The Kelly Center for Hunger Relief has named Mayela Macias to its board of directors. Macias is the founder and CEO of Clear Solutions Consulting Services and has more than 15 years of experience working in human resources, management and fin…
Lendmark Financial Services has opened a new branch. The household credit and consumer loan provider’s new branch is at 6065 Montana Ave. This is the company’s second branch in El Paso and 400th nationwide. The El Paso branch is led by branch…
Sign up for our newsletters
- Planned $50 million development on Interstate 10 files bankruptcy plan
- Texas has seen nearly 9,000 COVID-19 deaths since February. All but 43 were unvaccinated people.
- Why the largest housing authority in Texas has a new name
- The FBI alleges the health plans are fraudulent. The El Paso vendors are still advertising them online.
- Weather flame reignited atop historic Downtown tower
- Cool Canyon Nights: Locomotion
- $1 million donation launches children’s museum exhibit
- Santander Consumer USA to Release a New Digital Experience for Automobile Dealers and Consumers
- Flyaway El Paso Democrats press case, as some observers raise concerns about long-term consequences
- Whispers: Floating Teslas, Khalid's 'New Normal' and El Paso is No. 8
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Paul campaign: missed campaign filing deadline not uncommon
- Louisiana veto session carried $76K price tag for taxpayers
- Evacuations by sea as high temps fuel wildfires in Sicily
- Indiana drivers holding cellphones face license penalties
- Indian, Chinese army officers meet to defuse border standoff
- Bacon may disappear in California as pig rules take effect
- Tenants prepare for unknown as eviction moratorium ends
- Ammunition shelves bare as U.S. gun sales continue to soar