German unemployment held more or less steady in February despite the impact of lockdown measures, according to official data released Tuesday. Extensive use of a short-term salary support program is still keeping the figures in check.
PARIS (AP) — Global energy-related carbon dioxide emissions rose slightly in December compared with the same month of 2019, indicating the sharp drop seen due to the pandemic was short-lived.
BERLIN — Austria’s leader says his country and Denmark intend to stop relying solely on the European Union for coronavirus vaccines and will work with Israel to produce second-generation vaccines.
BEIJING (AP) — Asian stock markets declined Tuesday after Wall Street rose as a wave of investor concern about possible higher interest rates receded.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — When frantic messages started trickling in that a tornado had hit a beloved music venue in Nashville, Mike Grimes told himself it couldn't possibly be that bad.
TOKYO (AP) — Two Americans suspected of helping former Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn skip bail and escape to Lebanon in December 2019 have been extradited to Japan.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s choice to head the Securities and Exchange Commission is coming before a Senate panel for his confirmation hearing at a moment when a roiling stock-trading drama has spurred clamor for tighter regulation of Wall Street.
Start planning for your future by setting up an estate plan that will provide direction and guidance to your family and loved ones. During difficult and uncertain times, it is important to keep what you will want to be done with your investments, your possessions and more top of mind. Estate…
International Business Accelerator
As a labor of love, I am the chairman of a nonprofit that raises money to support educational programs for schoolchildren in the border region. We recently had a board meeting to approve our 2021 budget that reinforced how difficult planning is during the COVID pandemic.
Rotary Club of El Paso
Las Palmas Medical Center has promoted Jesse Roque to assistant chief nursing officer. Roque, who has more than 10 years of health care experience, was previously administrative director of critical care services. He also worked as director o…
Nicholas Tejeda, Group CEO of The Hospitals of Providence, represented El Paso during a congressional briefing on the impact of COVID-19 on communities of color, hosted by the American Hospital Association. Tejeda was one of three health care…
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation has awarded 35 grants totaling more than $3.5 million to local organizations. The grants are aimed at helping organizations recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, prepare for a future crisis, and/or transform…
Casa Nissan and L&F Distributors have gifted Angela Lopez a one-year lease of a 2021 Nissan Kicks. Lopez, a graduate of Valle Verde Early College High School, is a first-year nursing student at the Hunt School of Nursing at Texas Tech Uni…
G-Global, a cross-border customs and logistics company, is expanding its El Paso operation and has leased 38,400-square-feet of industrial space at 9660 Joe Rodriguez Dr. The building is owned by Boston-based Equity Industrial Partners and Ne…
The Sundt Foundation awarded $10,000 to three local nonprofits. They are: Big Brothers Big Sisters of El Paso, $2,500; Hospice of El Paso, $5,000; and The Salvation Army of El Paso, $2,500. The foundation has awarded more than $11 million sin…
Casa Collision Center of El Paso has been certified by Assured Performance Collision Care as a collision repair shop. The certification guarantees that collision repairs will be performed according to manufacturer’s repair protocol by a prope…
Sign up for our newsletters
- Former Westside nursing home to reopen as a facility for migrant children
- Sunland Park plans ‘River’s Edge’ entertainment district
- Maluma to bring party to El Paso this fall
- Walls going up at Eastlake Amazon facility
- How El Paso Water weathered the winter storm
- Capirotada a sweet Lent dessert staple
- Whispers: Amazon, part two?
- How a promotional genius shaped, sold El Paso Diablos
- How Trevino came here; El Paso mourns TWC player
- It was ‘touch and go,’ but lessons from 2011 help El Paso weather winter storm
- German unemployment still largely steady despite lockdown
- EU envoy urges Kosovo to resume talks with Serbia
- EU court: Poland's new judicial rules are against EU law
- Energy-related emissions up in December despite pandemic
- Ocean Infinity acquires MMT
- The Latest: Austria, Denmark to work with Israel on vaccines
- WINSYSTEMS Debuts Industrial-Rated Mini-ITX Form Factor Carrier for COM Express Type 10 Mini Modules
- Dutch PM's popularity high but eroding as election looms