Private equity funds have performed well in the past few years, returning 10% in 2018 alone, beating all other indexes.
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Alaska's governor has vetoed additional funding for the state's ferry service that was placed in the budget by the Legislature.
WAILUKU, Hawaii (AP) — Maui County Mayor Michael Victorino is looking to ban commercial activities at all beach parks on Sundays and holidays.
RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) — A mandated wage increase for Washington state blueberry pickers may cause one fruit company to end its harvest early.
SEATTLE (AP) — Lawyers for a transgender woman charged in a massive data breach at Capital One want her released from federal custody, saying that for her to remain jailed with men is a serious threat to her mental health.
WASHINGTON (AP) — American Airlines will pay $22.1 million to settle allegations it falsified times when it handed off mail, including items sent to U.S. soldiers stationed abroad.
NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart is suing Tesla, saying that several solar panels that Tesla installed on Walmart store rooftops went up in flames, causing millions of dollars in damage.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — With great success comes great re-negotiation. In the wake of the announcement that "Spider-Man: Far From Home" is now the highest-grossing film ever in Sony Pictures' history, reports surfaced that Marvel Studios may be stepping away from the cross-studio partnership.
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A 2015 pipeline spill of liquid natural gas in western North Dakota is hundreds of thousands of gallons larger than originally reported and may take another decade to clean up, state health officials said Tuesday.
Summer is here and you may be planning your next adventure with your family or friends. Whether it’s a weekend getaway or a weeklong trip, it always feels good to go somewhere new or somewhere that you love. If you are currently or starting to plan your next getaway, here are some tips to he…
International Business Accelerator
My heart is heavy. This is a column that I never imagined that I would ever have to write. In the span of minutes on Aug. 3, a deranged gunman with white supremacist beliefs went into the Walmart at the Cielo Vista Mall and murdered 22 people with an AK-47 style assault rifle.
Rotary Club of El Paso
Helen of Troy has named Harish Ramani chief information officer. Ramani has served in various technology leadership roles at other major corporations, including Red Bull and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. He will work at the company’s headquarters …
Tenet Healthcare Corporation made a $350,000 donation to the El Paso Community Foundation to support victims and families affected by the Aug. 3 mass shooting. The gift was made by the Tenet Healthcare Foundation to the El Paso Community Foun…
The El Paso Bar Association has sworn in Daniel Hernandez as its president for 2019-20. Hernandez, a shareholder with Ray, Pena, McChristian law firm, has served the bar for more than nine years in various capacities. He is licensed in Texas …
The American Institute of Legal Counsel has named El Paso immigration attorney Casey Williams to its 10 Best Legal Counsel for Client Satisfaction list for 2019. Attorneys are selected based on client and peer nominations and the institute’s …
CultureSpan Marketing has promoted Mike Matthews to vice president of creative services. Matthews has been with CultureSpan, formerly known as The Laster Group, since 2005. Most recently, he was the creative director. He has a bachelor’s degr…
Top Shop Body & Paint has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer. The company, owned by partners Edgar Duron and Eduardo Martell, now offers U-Haul trucks, trailers, towing equipment and moving supplies at 5347 N. Mesa. U-Haul has a ne…
Sign up for our newsletters
- 5 things to know about Chilean songstress Mon Laferte
- Texas Tech acquires El Paso TV station; secures home of Elmo and Daniel Tiger
- Mystery solved: Central Appraisal District explains unexpected valuation losses
- Whispers: Grrrrrrreat Sun Bowl news, Sam Elliott surprise and Total Wine
- Nelly, TLC, Flo Rida mix 3 musical eras in epic tour
- Report: El Paso Electric sale profits shareholders, little benefit for customers
- Elliott & Ross: Couple shines at Plaza Classic fest
- Helen of Troy names chief information officer
- Dual-credit programs show results
- Q&A: Enrique Grajeda, president and CEO, Mount Franklin Foods
- Alaska governor cuts $5M in additional ferry service funding
- Maui looks at expanding ban on commercial beach activities
- Wage hike may end Washington state firm's blueberry harvest
- Washington state grand jury indicts witness in homicide case
- Astros hit 3 homers, beat Tigers 6-3 as Sanchez exits early
- Tropical Storm Chantal forms over North Atlantic
- Concrete fragments of Austin highway's upper level fall
- Vandalized robot may solve mystery of its own attack