TruFit Athletic Clubs will open its first El Paso location on Aug. 17 at Sunland Park Mall. It is in what used to be the Sears building.
As measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemic push into the fall, local nonprofits are having to rethink their large annual fundraisers, debate whether to have them at all and brace for the financial impact.
Monday morning, on the anniversary of the Aug. 3, 2019 shooting, Walmart employees met and embraced in the parking lot as the store held a private remembrance event for the victims, families and employees impacted by the tragedy – the deadliest attack on Latinos in modern U.S. history.
A new synagogue will open in West El Paso at the end of August, and Jewish leaders say the new space will help expand services for the community during the time of social distancing.
The Classroom Fund, a project of the El Paso Community Foundation, handed out almost $60,000 in grants to 66 teachers from schools across El Paso and Las Cruces on July 27.
Antoinette Rodriguez’s last in-person home visit was March 6, when she drove 50 miles to see a mother and her eight children in Standing Rock, on the Navajo Nation. Five days later, the mother inexplicably disappeared, leaving the children’s grandmother and uncle to care for the kids.
On Aug. 3, celebrities and politicians across the internet joined El Paso in remembering the 2019 shooting that left 23 dead and dozens injured.
Sign up for our newsletters
- An El Paso couple restored a Trost house in Central. They didn't have to wait long for offers.
- ‘Mija, Yes You Can’ seeks to empower, support
- Geologist digs up new footprints, burrows in borderland
- Businesses close for good
- How New Mexico’s governor got on Biden’s shortlist
- Sandwich chain opens first El Paso location
- El Paso Electric customers to receive bill credits
- Accounting firm announces promotions
- El Paso commemorates anniversary of Aug. 3 mass shooting
- Appeals soften big property valuation jumps as city aims to hold the line on taxes
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Wilson Perumal & Company Launches Global Markets Complexity Index 2020
- Frisco Realtor Launches Pre-Sale Home Renovation Program
- Celebrity birthdays for the week of Aug. 16-22
- Atletico Madrid says 2 players positive for coronavirus; rest of squad test negative and traveling to Champions League
- Silicon Labs to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- New 'Ladder Teams' Fitness App Takes On-Demand Fitness To New Heights
- Weatherford Appoints New Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- China business travel returns for Marriott, revenue tumbles