Impassioned but mostly peaceful demonstrations were held in El Paso last week, as protests over the death of George Floyd, a black man in police custody, spread far beyond Minneapolis to communities across the U.S. and countries as far away as New Zealand and the U.K.
Hundreds gathered near the El Paso police headquarters and in Memorial Park Sunday evening and, on Tuesday, another large demonstration led by Brown Berets del Chuco was held in Downtown.
El Paso Inc. photographer Jorge Salgado was there. Here are some scenes from the protests.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- UPDATE: County bans fireworks
- Commissioners reverse vote; Sacred Heart Church will be part of Segundo Barrio district
- El Paso entrepreneur's new app invites users to reflect on their life and mortality
- Chihuahua Cerveza launches in El Paso
- Sudden shutdown leaves businesses uncertain
- Legal notices for 6-28-20
- Building an outdoor kitchen?
- GECU Foundation has new director, board members
- City names director of cultural affairs and recreation
- The ‘Texas Breather’: Texas Tech, UTEP create 3D-printed ventilator
- Hospital: One of two women hit by a car while they were protesting on a closed highway in Seattle dies of her injuries
- The Latest: After lockdown, cases up in Australian state
- Dash down Reign 2-0 in NWSL's Challenge Cup
- Today in History
- Japan floods leave some 20 dead, many in nursing homes
- Body on Phoenix woman recovered in Grand Canyon
- Asia Today: Australia's Victoria state reports 74 new cases
- DOD says soldier from Texas died in accident in Afghanistan