There’s a mayor’s race on in El Paso between the current mayor, a Republican, and the former mayor, a Democrat, and while city elections are nonpartisan, the winner will determine El Paso’s direction for the next four years.
When it comes to getting hundreds of health care workers and medical supplies where they’re needed, when they’re needed, to help COVID-19 patients, “all roads lead to Wanda,” said Ryan Mielke, director of public affairs at University Medical Center of El Paso.
El Paso’s recycling program has been dumped, for now.
The El Paso County Commissioner’s Court has made more funding available for small businesses as the pandemic wears on, and, with it, the financial hardship brought on by closures and restrictions.
In the race for Northeast El Paso’s District 4 seat on City Council, contractor Joe Molinar is bluntly questioning the suitability of incumbent Sam Morgan because of the domestic violence felony charges against him.
The battle for the District 2 seat on El Paso City Council is a tough one between incumbent Alexsandra Annello, and her former administrative assistant, Judy Gutierrez, whom Annello says she was preparing to fire when Gutierrez retired.
El Paso-based Southwest Eye Institute has been working for several weeks with Nutrition 4 Longevity to deliver hundreds of healthy meals to frontline health workers in El Paso and Juárez.
Sign up for our newsletters
- City of El Paso announces hire
- El Paso County issues curfew ahead of Thanksgiving, Black Friday
- Turkey overload? Bring on the birria
- WinterFest scaled down to lights, online concerts
- Outlet mall owner launches management company
- Incumbent faces former aid in council runoff
- Wear El Paso pride on your sleeve – literally
- Airport employee included in top 40 list
- Early voting underway for mayoral, city council runoffs
- Agency declines special protection request for tufted puffin
- Astros offer contracts to Correa, Díaz, McCullers
- Prosecutors to retry man accused of killing police officer
- Man gets 3 months for shooting flares, triggering rescue
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's claims of vote rigging are all wrong
- Ex-South Carolina sheriff pleads guilty to domestic violence
- Missouri to bring in health care workers from other states
- Nearly 100 world leaders to speak at UN session on COVID-19