Heather Wilson, president of the University of Texas at El Paso, was appointed chair of the newly formed Women in Aviation Advisory Board by U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao. Wilson served as the 24th secretary of the Air Force from 2017 to 2019 and has 35 years of experience in leadership and management roles with the military, higher education, government and private sector. The WIAAB was established in October of 2019 to encourage women and girls to enter the field of aviation. Wilson is an instrument-rated private pilot and aircraft owner.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Homebuilding couple giving back, donating home
- Photos, video from the George Floyd protest in El Paso
- Coronavirus in El Paso: Latest updates
- El Paso unemployment rate surges to 14.8%
- Amazon plans first El Paso fulfillment center
- Work starts June 15 on massive Amazon center
- Whispers: Franklins in Vogue, quake damage, solar power and Freddy's coming
- What will school look like in the fall?
- Moving forward in a ‘smart’ new normal
- New Fox series features El Paso songwriter’s ballad
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- After protests, Northam orders removal of iconic Lee statue
- Landslide in Arctic Norway sweeps away 8 homes
- IndyCar ready to race after pandemic delayed start of season
- Ideals versus effectiveness in 9th District GOP contest
- Pandemic and racial unrest test black clergy on dual fronts
- Retailers look to boost sales, German car sales weak
- John Lewis says video of George Floyd's killing made him cry
- COVID-19 puts National WWII Museum 20th anniversary online