The American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program has recognized University Medical Center of El Paso as a meritoriously performing hospital, one of 88 in the nation. “To have a hospital on the U.S.-Mexico border that serves a predominately Hispanic population is wonderful,” said Dr. Alonso Andrade, the surgery medical director at UMC. “It speaks to the excellent work that is being done by everyone at UMC and TTUHSC El Paso.” UMC was recognized on both the All Cases Meritorious and the High Risk Meritorious lists.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Pasoan ends ‘The Voice’ run on high note
- Restaurant, dog park concept coming to El Paso
- ‘My Oscar, he’s such a good boy’: Rhoberta Leeser dies
- FBI arrests El Paso businessman accused of selling fraudulent health insurance
- City works with big-box stores to limit capacity, slow COVID-19 spread
- U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar names new district director
- Walmart to start drone delivery of at-home COVID-19 tests in El Paso
- FBI arrests El Paso businessman
- Group fundraising to restore Sacred Heart Church in Segundo Barrio
- El Paso Children's Museum reveals exhibit designs
- Michigan election board certifies victory for Biden, another setback in Trump’s effort to overturn election results
- Biden's choice for UN envoy signals return to US engagement
- Spirit of Texas Bancshares, Inc. Names Allison S. Johnson Chief Financial Officer
- Transgender woman sues Georgia corrections officials again
- Utah relaxes gathering restrictions ahead of Thanksgiving
- AP source: Biden taps ex-Fed chair Yellen to lead treasury
- AP source: Biden taps ex-Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen as treasury secretary; she'd be 1st woman to lead department
- Wolf shuts bars on Thanksgiving eve to fight COVID-19 spread