TMD Defense and Space and White Sands Research and Developers are moving some of their operations to Spaceport America, a publicly funded facility for private vertical launches about 100 miles north of El Paso in New Mexico. TMD, a 30-year-old company based in El Paso that works with the Department of Defense, will relocate 10 engineering and other staff positions to Las Cruces to support launches at the spaceport. White Sands Research and Developers provides services to the aerospace industry, including test rockets, payload consultations and meteorology services. Spaceport America is also home to Virgin Galactic, which has relocated pilots, engineers and support employees to New Mexico in anticipation of commercial space launches later this year.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso's first Lush store opens at Cielo Vista Mall
- One of El Paso's tallest towers getting new anchor tenant, sign
- Valerie Ponzio releases long-awaited ‘Órale’ video
- 2nd case of new coronavirus confirmed among China evacuees
- El Paso 2.0 gathering to address economy
- Inspired by her mother’s battle with Alzheimer’s, El Paso native starts business
- Construction to start on swanky private jet terminal at El Paso airport
- Western Tech gives $250,000 to El Paso Children’s
- One El Paso chef’s journey from flipping burgers to restaurant owner, via Las Vegas
- Trump executive order would politicize architecture
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Judge nixes claim that Bronx Zoo elephant is 'imprisoned'
- DOJ to investigate wrongful arrest of black man in Oregon
- Mom of man slain in home robbery arrested on drug charges
- Minnesota US Rep. Jim Hagedorn announces he has cancer
- Man who went missing at music festival found dead in lake
- Panel advances proposal to limit gubernatorial pardon powers
- Californian will plead guilty in $150 million currency scam
- 'Medicare for All' is driving a wedge through labor movement