Dr. Thwe Htay, associate professor of medical education at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso, is the recipient of the 2020 Chancellor’s Council Distinguished Teaching and Research Awards. The award is the most prestigious granted to faculty throughout the Texas Tech system. Prior to joining Texas Tech El Paso, Htay worked in private medical practice in the Permian Basin region, Houston and San Antonio. She received her medical degree from the University of Yangon in Myanmar.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso's first Lush store opens at Cielo Vista Mall
- One of El Paso's tallest towers getting new anchor tenant, sign
- Valerie Ponzio releases long-awaited ‘Órale’ video
- El Paso 2.0 gathering to address economy
- 2nd case of new coronavirus confirmed among China evacuees
- Inspired by her mother’s battle with Alzheimer’s, El Paso native starts business
- Western Tech gives $250,000 to El Paso Children’s
- Construction to start on swanky private jet terminal at El Paso airport
- Trump executive order would politicize architecture
- Fast-growing El Paso recycler expands to Santa Teresa, plans 120,000-square-foot facility
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- A look at recent deadly racist attacks in Germany
- Trump loyalist Roger Stone gets 40 months in prison after Justice Department backs off sentencing recommendation
- Gun control wins, marijuana loses at New Mexico Legislature
- Missouri Senate backs tax break for long-term care savings
- No. 1 Baylor looks to knock off No. 3 Kansas
- Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum Celebrates MYCON Funding and New Exhibit
- Free USC tuition to students with $80K or less family income
- Irish lawmakers meet as wrangling to form government goes on