Texas Nurse Practitioners, the state association for nurse practitioners, has awarded Dulce Senclair its 2021 Student Leadership Award, which is given to a dedicated Texas nurse practitioner student who demonstrates excellence in academic performance, service and leadership. The El Paso native is a recent graduate of the inaugural psychiatric mental-health nurse practitioner program at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. As a doctoral student, Senclair focused her work on developing mental health programs for patients impacted by trauma. As a part of her doctoral project, she collaborated with the El Paso Police Department to develop pilot mental health programs for police officers.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso health system buys Eastside hospital
- Sun Bowl teams to be announced Sunday
- El Pasoans take lead roles in ‘The Nutcracker’
- Why the tower network atop the Franklin Mountains is causing 'massive concerns' across government agencies, law enforcement, elected leaders, the city and television stations
- ZZ Top giving all their lovin’ without Dusty Hill
- Steven Clifton James
- Miners headed to bowl game with winning record
- El Paso banker named City Bank’s El Paso market president
- Cushman & Wakefield hires El Paso senior director
- Winter Holiday Roundup: Lights, Theater, Music & Santa
- Nepal reports first cases of omicron variant
- Leaving Greece, pope asks youth to resist tempting 'sirens'
- Taiwan, Slovakia hold talks as island firms ties with Europe
- Asian shares slide after China Evergrande warns of cash woes
- Report: Building collapse in southern Egypt kills 3 children
- Justin Bieber performs at Saudi F1 race after boycott calls
- German factory orders see 2nd big drop in 3 months
- Gunmen kill town mayor, wound another in south Philippines