The El Paso District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration honored 11 businesspeople Sept. 22 during its annual National Small Business Week awards ceremony, held virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic. The honorees were: Omar Veliz, Veliz Construction, Small Business Person of the Year; Julian Carrizal, J. Carrizal General Construction, 8(a) Graduate of the Year; Frank Spencer III, Aztec Contractors, Entrepreneurial Success Award; Cecilia Araceli Dominguez and Nicolas Dominguez Sr., Vertical 1 Communications, Family Owned Business of the Year; Christopher Lee Morrill, Around the World Food Service, Millennial Entrepreneur of the Year; Kaleb Drew Warnock, Flowar, Veteran Owned Small Business of the Year; Santiago Emilio Reyes, Around the World Food Service, Young Entrepreneur of the Year; Dan Cueto, WestStar Bank, Minority Small Business Champion of the Year; Tommy Gonzalez, El Paso city manager, Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year; Cindy Ramos-Davidson, CEO, El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Woman in Business Champion of the Year. Also honored were: Wells Fargo as the 2019 Top 7(a) Lender, LiftFund Certified Development Company as the 2019 Top 504 Lender, Pecos County State Bank as the 2019 Top Impact Lender and Coastal Bank as the 2019 Top Impact Lender.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso hospital chief: ‘Each day, we are reaching our limits.’
- ‘Ghost Stories of El Paso’
- EPISD superintendent, former board president deny fraud allegations
- El Paso nonprofit recruiting for Dubai 2020 expo
- Doctors’ creativity goes virtual for Operation Pumpkin
- Democrats hope to break Republican hold on Ohio high court
- City candidates condemn mysterious mailers, website
- Whispers: Literarity love, Aaron Jones cereal and we're No. 2
- El Paso imposes curfew as virus cases overwhelm hospitals
- KTEP Goes Platinum: Radio Station Celebrates 70th Year Anniversary
- Franklin Mountain Investments names VP, general counsel
- Construction company announces promotion
- Health foundation awards grants
- El Paso businesses support The Great Thanksgiving Giveaway
- Paso Electric makes donation to book nonprofit
- EPA funds four projects in the borderland
- COVID-19 closes a school; disrupts a sheriff campaign in SC
- Official: US Supreme Court opinion wrong on Vermont voting