Dr. Shawn Diamond has joined Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso as a specialist in plastic, hand, microvascular and reconstructive surgery. Diamond is an assistant professor in the TTUHSC El Paso Department of Surgery/Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is director of the limb restoration program at TTUHSC El Paso. He is also working with other surgical specialists to develop a brachial plexus birth injury clinic, the first of its kind in the region, according to a news release. Diamond has a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from the University of California, Los Angeles and received his doctorate of medicine from Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University. He completed his general surgery residency in Santa Barbara, California, and is certified by the American Board of Surgery. Diamond joined the Harvard Medical School plastic surgery residency program and was awarded the Resident Teacher of the Year Award in 2019. He completed subspecialty hand and microsurgery training in the combined orthopedic and plastic surgery fellowship program at the University of California, Irvine.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso cinemas slowly welcome back moviegoers
- $37.8 million in bonds were passed in area MUD elections. There were 2 voters.
- It was ‘touch and go,’ but lessons from 2011 help El Paso weather winter storm
- Barracuda PR hires new executive
- What do you want El Paso to look like in 2030?
- City to consider sale of former Great Wolf parcel to Kansas-based real estate company
- El Pasoan's podcast looks deeper into Selena’s impact
- City Council keeps controversial '06 ordinance on the books
- El Paso playwright featured in Sin Muros festival
- Las Palmas Medical Center names new assistant chief nursing officer
- Hospitals of Providence CEO participates in congressional briefing
- Paso del Norte Health Foundation awards pandemic grants
- Nursing student gifted car lease
- Customs and logistics company inks lease for industrial space
- Sundt donates $10,000 to El Paso charities
- Casa Collision Center receives certification
- Port Authority investigated for paying $500K 'success fee'