The Paso del Norte Community Foundation has named Angelina Xu the recipient of this year’s Carl L. and Sandra E. Wright Scholarship for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. The $5,000 scholarship was created by El Paso native and UTEP graduate Carl Wright and his wife Sandra to support female undergraduates majoring in STEM fields across the country. Xu is from Basking Ridge, New Jersey, and is attending the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The committee also chose five others to receive $500 scholarships. The recipients are: Katherine Kelly, San Antonio, Texas; Sameera Lopez, El Paso, Texas; Gladys Reveles, El Paso, Texas; Rachael Loberger, Hillsboro, Oregon; and Kynnidi Caffey, Memphis, Tennessee.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Weather flame reignited atop historic Downtown tower
- Whispers: Seafood restaurant coming, Literarity news and 'Health Care Heroes' short film
- $1 million donation launches children’s museum exhibit
- Joe Pickett mulls return to public office
- Santander Consumer USA to Release a New Digital Experience for Automobile Dealers and Consumers
- ZZ Top: Bearded bassist Dusty Hill dies at 72
- What's Up & Coming: Concerts & Events
- Planned $50 million development on Interstate 10 files bankruptcy plan
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was overwhelmed by Jungle Cruise set
- Luminarias to line Ascarate Park for Aug. 3 remembrance
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Founder of Charleston's esteemed Black community paper dies
- Jack Ballard announces run for Montana's US House seat
- SC gov hopeful would require vaccines for public students
- Revenue department: $10M in Louisiana tax refunds unclaimed
- New Mexico sets rules to launch pandemic debt collection
- Houston mask mandate might violate Texas governor's order
- Ethiopia suspends work of 2 aid groups active in Tigray
- Topgolf to Begin Construction on First Multi-level Seattle-area Venue