Dr. David Nguyen has donated $43,000 to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso. The funds will support student scholarships and the recruitment of faculty at the Foster School of Medicine. Nguyen, an interventional pain management specialist in Houston who is board-certified in emergency medicine, anesthesiology and pain management, is a TTUHSC Lubbock alumnus and completed his clinical rotations in El Paso in 2002. “I had a wonderful experience in my last two years of medical school at the regional campus in El Paso,” Nguyen said. “I want to pay it forward to students who need financial support to continue their journey to become physicians.” TTUHSC El Paso will name a study room in the new Medical Sciences Building II after Nguyen.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso hospital group CEO on what’s next in the COVID-19 fight
- Bad Bunny to bring Latin trap, reggaeton hits to El Paso
- Pioneers 21 names new executive director
- UTEP’s FloraFest offers diverse plants for sale
- Water woes for all: Water managers warn of dry year along Rio Grande
- Nonprofit homeless shelter names board members
- Rage Against the Machine tour postponed (again) until 2022
- Lawrence (Larry) Howard Madrid
- Whispers: Remembering 1966, So El Paso and In-N-Out
- Ron Mulvihill
- Belarus decries sanctions US reimposed on 9 state companies
- New Mexico high schoolers will return after 'secret prom'
- Biden nominates 4 for Tennessee Valley Authority board
- Jury reaches a verdict at murder trial of ex-cop Derek Chauvin in George Floyd’s death -- will be read Tuesday afternoon
- Man bitten while using barbecue tongs to remove rattlesnake
- Arizona Supreme Court questions new education tax legality
- Italy's Grillo derided for defending son in sex assault case
- First Financial Bankshares To Live Stream Annual Meeting