The El Paso County Historical Society has announced this year’s selection to the 2021 Hall of Honor. They are: Colbert Coldwell (1822-1892), who was a Santa Fe trader, El Paso collector, lawyer and judge; Joseph Ray (1907-1991), who was a professor of political science and the sixth president of Texas Western College, which is now UTEP; El Paso businessman Jack Maxon, who is the founder Jaxon’s restaurant; and Mary Haynes, who was the first female county commissioner in El Paso and past president of the El Paso County Historical Society. The banquet will be held 11 a.m. Nov. 14 at the Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park in Downtown. It includes a plated lunch, awards presentation and silent auction. For more information, visit ElPasoHistory.com.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Sun Bowl Parade Ready to Roll
- Miners headed to bowl game with winning record
- El Paso Water plans to build new headquarters
- City receives $900,000 for I-10 deck park design
- Plastic molding manufacturer expands in Horizon City
- A response to Max Grossman and David Romo
- El Paso businessman presented New Mexico Medal of Merit
- Battle of I-10: Miners look for revenge against Aggies
- The gift of El Paso
- El Paso hospital has new human resources director
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Cherfilus-McCormick preps for Congress following primary win
- Josephine Baker, 1st Black woman honored in French Pantheon
- Travel curbs aimed at COVID variant tighten across the world
- Murray, Spurs to host Beal and the Wizards
- Doncic leads Dallas into matchup against Cleveland
- Oklahoma City faces Houston on 5-game skid
- Swiss vote on COVID law amid sharp rise in infections
- Israel tightens travel restrictions over new COVID variant