The Federal Emergency Management Agency will begin accepting applications for COVID-19 funeral assistance April 12. The paperwork can be complicated, so El Paso-based Perches Funeral Homes is offering to help families complete applications at no charge, whether they used Perches or another funeral home. FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-related funeral expenses incurred after Jan. 20, 2020. The assistance is limited to $9,000 per funeral to a maximum of $35,000 per application, and the death certificate must indicate that the death was attributed to COVID-19. For more information, call one of Perches five locations or go online to fema.gov.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Memories of Gene Autry when he bought the Texans
- Whispers: Remembering 1966, So El Paso and In-N-Out
- Far East Albertsons opens, led by El Paso native
- Jones brothers pay tribute to father
- Extended Q&A: U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar
- Scorching market drives up tax valuations for homeowners
- What's Up & Coming: Concerts & Events
- Former mayor’s chief of staff joins Hunt Companies
- El Paso hospital group CEO on what’s next in the COVID-19 fight
- UTEP's new 10-year strategic plan includes strengthening KTEP public radio, new business center
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- With 200,000 in 1 day, India skyrockets past 14M virus cases
- Cambodia orders strict 2-week lockdown of Phnom Penh
- Homeless Americans finally getting a chance at COVID-19 shot
- Doncic's 3 at buzzer leads Mavericks past Grizzlies 114-113
- Daunte Wright, slain by police, known as jokester, young dad
- 2 suspects arrested in Chandler home invasion; couple robbed
- NY Philharmonic gives 1st concert with audience in 13 months
- U.S.'s John Kerry in China for talks ahead of climate summit