Great Minds in America has named Christian Servin, associate professor of computer science at El Paso Community College, a 2021 Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Corporation award winner. Servin was recognized in the education category for serving as a role model and inspiring young people to pursue careers in science, technology engineering and math. Servin is a first-generation Mexican American graduate and the first in his family to earn a doctorate. Since he started at EPCC 2008, Servin has helped more than 600 students to earn associate degrees in computer science. Over 200 have transferred to regional four-year institutions, with 23 completing their master’s in software engineering with a concentration in cybersecurity, and two currently pursuing doctorates.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Whispers: Startup sold for $317 million, Sally to St. Louis and a recipe for success
- Vista College closes abruptly, files bankruptcy
- Hello Winners!
- Foster to chair board of Texas power grid operator
- Judge rejects lawsuit on early end to unemployment benefits
- El Paso Requiem to honor Aug. 3 victims thru music
- El Paso IT company celebrates 15 years
- El Paso water manager awarded by national association
- El Paso native named director of operations of the Dallas Opera
- As inflation rises, so does cost of living for El Pasoans
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- ‘Our work is not done’ the 2021 women of impact
- Where are they now? Former U.S. Rep. Silvestre Reyes
- City rejects EP Electric’s proposed rate increase
- Report: ARRIBA program that helps low-income students through nursing school has $893 million impact
- City rep asks for new estimate: After years of delays, how much will arena now cost?
- Community leaders honor ‘father of truck stops’
- $250,000 for Sacred Heart restoration
- Iowa superintendent's wife donates to school board candidate