The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons has awarded El Paso oral and maxillofacial surgeon Dr. Vernon P. Burke its humanitarian award for the work he does in El Paso and Juárez to help children with facial deformities. He was one of more than 30 surgeons honored for their accomplishments at the association’s 2021 annual meeting, scientific sessions and exhibition last month in Nashville, Tennessee. Burke is founding partner and director of High Desert Oral & Facial Surgery. In addition to his work in the borderland, Burke has completed mission trips to Ecuador for dental and cleft palate/lip repair and India for management of congenital and acquired craniofacial deformities.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Whispers: Startup sold for $317 million, Sally to St. Louis and a recipe for success
- Vista College closes abruptly, files bankruptcy
- Hello Winners!
- Foster to chair board of Texas power grid operator
- Judge rejects lawsuit on early end to unemployment benefits
- El Paso Requiem to honor Aug. 3 victims thru music
- El Paso IT company celebrates 15 years
- El Paso water manager awarded by national association
- El Paso native named director of operations of the Dallas Opera
- As inflation rises, so does cost of living for El Pasoans
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- ‘Our work is not done’ the 2021 women of impact
- Where are they now? Former U.S. Rep. Silvestre Reyes
- City rejects EP Electric’s proposed rate increase
- Report: ARRIBA program that helps low-income students through nursing school has $893 million impact
- City rep asks for new estimate: After years of delays, how much will arena now cost?
- Community leaders honor ‘father of truck stops’
- $250,000 for Sacred Heart restoration
- From the publisher