El Paso Electric, which provides power to 450,000 customers in West Texas and southern New Mexico, has named Eric Montgomery a regional director of government affairs. He will manage the utility’s southern New Mexico service territory, which stretches from Anthony to Hatch. Montgomery was vice president of business development at the Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance. He has a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s in public administration from New Mexico State University. Montgomery was the international recipient of the 2021 Development Counsellors International Economic Development 40 Under 40 award. The same year, he was recognized by the Albuquerque Business First journal with a 40 Under Forty award.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Longtime El Paso sportswriter Ray Sanchez dies at 94
- Louis Laborn Akin
- El Paso apartment boom continues; 24 applicants per unit, on average
- Liev Schreiber Explains Why ‘Ray Donovan: The Movie’ Is an Origin Story
- El Pasoan appointed to Dallas Fed board
- Sundt awarded $49 million contract for UTEP facility
- Hunt buys 478 acres north of Austin for master-planned community
- Remembering El Paso sportswriter Ray Sanchez
- El Paso Electric names regional director of government affairs
- El Paso CPAs named shareholders at accounting firm
- Abortion clinics challenging Texas law dealt new setback
- Navajo increases ability to do COVID testing, vaccinations
- Mexican governor says predecessor made deals with gangs
- Youngkin calls on lawmakers to enact 'vision of change'
- Storm's slick aftermath nixes S. Carolina lawmaking sessions
- UN chief: Over 12,000 detainees held officially in Libya
- Tess Holliday admits to 'regressing' in her anorexia battle
- Britney Spears felt 'so sad' after splitting from Justin Timberlake