The El Paso District Dental Society has nominated Dr. Richard Black, an El Paso dentist and dean of the Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine, for the Texas Academy of General Dentistry’s Texas Dentist of the Year award. Black is one of 14 dentists nominated for this year’s award, which is considered the most prestigious honor a Texas dentist can earn. The nominees will be honored and the Texas Dentist of the Year named at the Texas Academy Awards in September. Black received his doctor of dental surgery degree in 1976 from the University of Texas Dental Branch of Houston. An orthodontist, he has been in the private practice in El Paso for 39 years.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Why the tower network atop the Franklin Mountains is causing 'massive concerns' across government agencies, law enforcement, elected leaders, the city and television stations
- Miners headed to bowl game with winning record
- Sun Bowl Parade Ready to Roll
- EPCC celebrates completion of campus expansion
- El Pasoans take lead roles in ‘The Nutcracker’
- SpinLaunch’s space catapult completes first test launch
- El Paso officials laud infrastructure, BBB bills
- The gift of El Paso
- Battle of I-10: Miners look for revenge against Aggies
- Whispers: No daily on Xmas, Sacred Heart's and Jimenez features, Miner bowl
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- N Ireland collective wins prestigious Turner Prize for art
- Action delayed on Myanmar and Afghan requests for UN seats
- Facebook: Fake scientist used to spread anti-US propaganda
- Pipeline documents case headed to North Dakota high court
- Lawmakers outline insurance complaints after Hurricane Ida
- Pause on Houston highway project partially lifted amid talks
- UK police investigating antisemitic hate crime in London
- Stacey Abrams launches 2nd campaign for Georgia governor