The city of El Paso has named Norma Martinez director of library services. Martinez, who has been with the city for more than 25 years, has been interim library director since June 2019. She began her career as a library information specialist in 1994, then became a branch manager, and eventually served as assistant director of libraries. Now she oversees the city’s public library system. Martinez has a bachelor’s degree in business management from the University of Phoenix and a master’s in information science from the University of North Texas.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- UPDATE: County bans fireworks
- Commissioners reverse vote; Sacred Heart Church will be part of Segundo Barrio district
- El Paso entrepreneur's new app invites users to reflect on their life and mortality
- Sudden shutdown leaves businesses uncertain
- Chihuahua Cerveza launches in El Paso
- Legal notices for 6-28-20
- GECU Foundation has new director, board members
- Building an outdoor kitchen?
- City names director of cultural affairs and recreation
- The ‘Texas Breather’: Texas Tech, UTEP create 3D-printed ventilator
- Northeast Indian state bans sale of dog meat amid protest
- Ohio officer shot and killed responding to disturbance call
- Spain locks down county of 200,000 people due to outbreaks
- 'I used up my Marvel card!': Scott Adkins wishes he could return for the Doctor Strange sequel
- 7 police officers injured after unlicensed event in London
- 1 killed, several hurt in shooting at Mississippi sports bar
- Scuba diver killed in Australia shark attack
- Sex workers lack food for taking HIV drugs during COVID-19