The city of El Paso has named Ben Fyffe as its new director of cultural affairs and recreation. Fyffe has been a city employee for 19 years and will now lead the Museums and Cultural Affairs Department and the Parks and Recreation Department. He has worked in various roles at the city, including assistant head of education at the El Paso Museum of Art and assistant director of museums and cultural affairs. While at the city, he has secured $3.4 million in grants, donations and sponsorships to expand programs. He has a bachelor’s degree in art history from the University of Texas at Austin and a master’s in public administration from UTEP.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- An El Paso couple restored a Trost house in Central. They didn't have to wait long for offers.
- UTEP announces distinguished alumni, gold nugget recipients
- Texas Tech breaks ground on 130-chair dental clinic
- El Paso commemorates anniversary of Aug. 3 mass shooting
- Investment fund closes deal for El Paso Electric
- Amazon gets going with $192 million El Paso fulfillment center
- El Paso hospital CEO appointed to national board
- Appeals soften big property valuation jumps as city aims to hold the line on taxes
- Coronavirus Q&A Chronicles: Barbed Wire Open Mic Series
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Massive explosion shakes Lebanon's capital Beirut
- TCU's Patterson sorry for repeating racial slur to player
- Man charged in shooting death of 9-year-old Chicago boy
- MedCore Partners Announces Groundbreaking Of Bedford Medical Plaza
- Skepticism, fear helps fuel virus on Mexico City's outskirts
- Fieldwood Energy LLC Commences Voluntary Chapter 11 Process
- Traditions Health Enters Oklahoma & Georgia; Acquires Faith Hospice & Embrace Hospice
- US Embassy in Moscow: No info on Paul Whelan's whereabouts