From the Editor
Here’s an amazing fact: We Americans spent more than $72 billion on our pets last year, and that doesn’t include vet visits. We love our pets. We also love entering them in contests, considering all the pictures we got for our Best Pet competition.
In each issue, El Paso Inc. Magazine profiles a local club or civic group that brings people together. To suggest a profile of your group, email email@example.com. Your group may be featured in a future issue.
LOVE MY RIDE
Printed in Inc.
What We're Reading
El Paso Reads
Authentic. Original. In today’s homogenized culture, authenticity and originality are rare. But those words describe perfectly the work of artist/writer James Magee – and the man himself.
“Retablos” is the title vignette from “Retablos: Stories from a Life Lived Along the Border,” a memoir by Octavio Solis, an award-winning playwright who was born in El Paso. In this uniquely framed memoir, Solis recreates 50 scenes from his youth in El Paso. Like traditional retablos, the ri…
“Warrior,” airbrushed acrylic on paper, 2000, by acclaimed El Paso artist Gaspar Enríquez, whose work has been featured across the nation as part of Cheech Marin’s “Papel Chicano Dos: Works on Paper” exhibit and book.
Congratulations! You are the owner of an adorable puppy. Now what?
American consumers spent more than $72 billion last year on their pets, buying them the toys, beds, balls and other items that they – and their owners, sometimes – can’t live without.
Here are the travel tips you need to know before you take a trip with your pet, provided by AmericanHumane.org.
Home / Gardening / Travel / Cooking / Calendar
I’ve shopped at Ikea since 1986, when the huge Swedish retailer opened its first U.S. store in Virginia. That store is still one of the state’s top tourist destinations. Now my Ikea is in Tempe, Arizona, 420 miles from El Paso. Inside you’ll find five football fields of colorful design, cont…
Most of us should be eating more vegetables. But too often, we don’t know how to cook them, or we overcook them. Cookbook authors are here to help, putting out a proliferation of books devoted to vegetables. The newest, “Vegetables Illustrated,” from America’s Test Kitchen, uses more than 70…
Small town living Texas Hill Country, a region of rolling hills, lakes and limestone about a six-hour drive east of El Paso, is famous for its quaint towns and farm living. Central El Pasoan Chris Lane says the Hye-Way Haus in Hye, Texas, is one of his favorite bed & breakfasts. “This B&…
If you’re like many Americans who work for employers, Social Security taxes are automatically taken out of your paycheck. You and your employer each pay a 6.2-percent Social Security tax on up to $132,900 of your earnings, and a 1.45-percent Medicare tax on all earnings in 2019.
The phone call can come at any hour. Your elderly parent has fallen ill and needs your help. If you haven’t gotten the call yet, chances are you will. About 70 percent of our parents will require some kind of personal care during their old age.
Now that it's time to get outside and enjoy summer, don't let the chores of watering your container plants slow you down. And don't be held hostage inside your own home by bothersome mosquitoes.
Here are chemical-free strategies to manage bothersome biters in your landscape.
Thursdays thru Aug. 1
El Paso Inc. Magazine invited Hunt for a ride on an El Paso streetcar to chat about Downtown revitalization, his favorite place to eat and how his father, businessman and philanthropist Woody Hunt, inspires him.
Sign up for our newsletters
- 5 things to know about Chilean songstress Mon Laferte
- Texas Tech acquires El Paso TV station; secures home of Elmo and Daniel Tiger
- Whispers: Grrrrrrreat Sun Bowl news, Sam Elliott surprise and Total Wine
- Mystery solved: Central Appraisal District explains unexpected valuation losses
- Report: El Paso Electric sale profits shareholders, little benefit for customers
- Q&A: Enrique Grajeda, president and CEO, Mount Franklin Foods
- Nelly, TLC, Flo Rida mix 3 musical eras in epic tour
- Elliott & Ross: Couple shines at Plaza Classic fest
- Boz Scaggs brings true rhythm, blues to Plaza Theatre
- Dual-credit programs show results
- Global stocks mixed after Wall Street rebound
- Hong Kong high schoolers rally as more protests planned
- Danish ex-PM attacks Trump for comments on defense spending
- German, Dutch governments meet to discuss climate change
- Russia sends robot into space to test out new booster rocket
- Syrian government opens corridor for civilians in rebel area
- China warns US tariffs will 'escalate trade friction'
- Kodak Black expected to plead guilty in federal weapons case