From the Editor
Here’s an amazing fact: We Americans spent more than $72 billion on our pets last year, and that doesn’t include vet visits. We love our pets. We also love entering them in contests, considering all the pictures we got for our Best Pet competition.
In each issue, El Paso Inc. Magazine profiles a local club or civic group that brings people together. To suggest a profile of your group, email email@example.com. Your group may be featured in a future issue.
LOVE MY RIDE
Printed in Inc.
What We're Reading
El Paso Reads
Authentic. Original. In today’s homogenized culture, authenticity and originality are rare. But those words describe perfectly the work of artist/writer James Magee – and the man himself.
“Retablos” is the title vignette from “Retablos: Stories from a Life Lived Along the Border,” a memoir by Octavio Solis, an award-winning playwright who was born in El Paso. In this uniquely framed memoir, Solis recreates 50 scenes from his youth in El Paso. Like traditional retablos, the ri…
“Warrior,” airbrushed acrylic on paper, 2000, by acclaimed El Paso artist Gaspar Enríquez, whose work has been featured across the nation as part of Cheech Marin’s “Papel Chicano Dos: Works on Paper” exhibit and book.
Congratulations! You are the owner of an adorable puppy. Now what?
American consumers spent more than $72 billion last year on their pets, buying them the toys, beds, balls and other items that they – and their owners, sometimes – can’t live without.
Here are the travel tips you need to know before you take a trip with your pet, provided by AmericanHumane.org.
Home / Gardening / Travel / Cooking / Calendar
I’ve shopped at Ikea since 1986, when the huge Swedish retailer opened its first U.S. store in Virginia. That store is still one of the state’s top tourist destinations. Now my Ikea is in Tempe, Arizona, 420 miles from El Paso. Inside you’ll find five football fields of colorful design, cont…
Most of us should be eating more vegetables. But too often, we don’t know how to cook them, or we overcook them. Cookbook authors are here to help, putting out a proliferation of books devoted to vegetables. The newest, “Vegetables Illustrated,” from America’s Test Kitchen, uses more than 70…
Small town living Texas Hill Country, a region of rolling hills, lakes and limestone about a six-hour drive east of El Paso, is famous for its quaint towns and farm living. Central El Pasoan Chris Lane says the Hye-Way Haus in Hye, Texas, is one of his favorite bed & breakfasts. “This B&…
If you’re like many Americans who work for employers, Social Security taxes are automatically taken out of your paycheck. You and your employer each pay a 6.2-percent Social Security tax on up to $132,900 of your earnings, and a 1.45-percent Medicare tax on all earnings in 2019.
The phone call can come at any hour. Your elderly parent has fallen ill and needs your help. If you haven’t gotten the call yet, chances are you will. About 70 percent of our parents will require some kind of personal care during their old age.
Now that it's time to get outside and enjoy summer, don't let the chores of watering your container plants slow you down. And don't be held hostage inside your own home by bothersome mosquitoes.
Here are chemical-free strategies to manage bothersome biters in your landscape.
Thursdays thru Aug. 1
El Paso Inc. Magazine invited Hunt for a ride on an El Paso streetcar to chat about Downtown revitalization, his favorite place to eat and how his father, businessman and philanthropist Woody Hunt, inspires him.
Sign up for our newsletters
- El Paso iFly remains open as it faces foreclosure
- Burges grad to command Army’s space battalion; named officer of the year
- It’s official: Texas Tech gets $20M for dental school
- Trial canceled; Abraham re-indicted on 10 new felony charges
- Popular rehab, fitness center closing
- Craving gorditas, music, fun? Bazaars in full swing
- A family affair: Aguilar dynasty going strong
- 5-year-old El Pasoan’s national anthem goes viral
- County restarts pursuit of Downtown historic district
- Miss El Paso, Teen El Paso pageants hit stage
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Kansas parks department employee dies in ATV accident
- Police: Man lets 3-year-old girl go, ends Nebraska standoff
- Georgia officer convicted of sexual misconduct with teens
- Prague zoo animals cool down with sorbet in the heat
- Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe as part of restructuring
- The Latest: At least 9 hurt in suicide attacks in Tunisia
- Roman-era shipwreck found off Cyprus east coast
- Ford to shed 12,000 jobs in Europe as part of restructuring to improve profits