This Wednesday is April Fools’ Day, the day when you should be on alert for strange happenings. Like your boss giving you his salary. A fast-food chain announcing left-handed hamburgers. Or your significant other winning the lottery. Chance are it’s a trick.
To get you in the spirit of the day, here are some April Fools’ Day trivia questions from Trivia Guy Wilson Casey, who claims they are all legitimate items that will be just as true come April 2. We’ll be the judge of that.
1. Which state celebrates April 1 as “Cheap Trick Day” to honor the group’s musical contributions?
Florida, Illinois, New Mexico, Maine
2. Who said, “The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year”?
Winston Churchill, Robert Frost, Mark Twain, Edgar Allen Poe
3. An infamous BBC 1957 broadcast prank told about what growing on trees in a Swiss harvest?
Shrimp, sandpaper, spaghetti, soap
4. Where did the urban legend of playing tricks on April Fools’ Day originate?
China, France, United States, Mexico
5. Who staged a 1998 hoax of advertising a hamburger for left-handers?
McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, Hardee’s
6. When are April 1 pranks supposed to end?
After breakfast, noon, 6 p.m., before bedtime