The University of Texas at El Paso and the UTEP Alumni Association recognized this year’s Distinguished Alumni at an awards dinner Oct. 6 at the Don Haskins Center.
The award is the highest recognition bestowed upon UTEP alumni and honors the men and women whose achievements stand out as monuments to dedication, integrity and hard work.
They are: Jacob Cintron, CEO and president of University Medical Center of El Paso; Allen Gilmer, co-founder and executive chairman of Drillinginfo; and Maria Castañón Moats, U.S. and Mexico assurance leader for auditing firm PwC.
This year’s Gold Nugget Award recipients were also recognized. They are: Manuel Aguilera, retired Texas Department of Transportation engineer; Dr. Russell Broaddus, professor of pathology at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center; Estela Casas, news anchor at KVIA Channel 7; Denise Castillo-Rhodes, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Texas Medical Center; Erik Cazares, chief nursing officer at the Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus; Jim Forbes, head basketball coach at Andress High School; Miguel A. Gamiño Jr., chief technology officer for the city of New York; Sylvia Hopp, retired superintendent of the San Elizario Independent School District; and Sandra G. Terrazas, founder and owner of Spectrum Therapy Consultants in El Paso.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Why the tower network atop the Franklin Mountains is causing 'massive concerns' across government agencies, law enforcement, elected leaders, the city and television stations
- El Pasoans take lead roles in ‘The Nutcracker’
- Miners headed to bowl game with winning record
- Sun Bowl teams to be announced Sunday
- Steven Clifton James
- EPCC celebrates completion of campus expansion
- ZZ Top giving all their lovin’ without Dusty Hill
- SpinLaunch’s space catapult completes first test launch
- El Paso banker named City Bank’s El Paso market president
- Letters: Deck park? El Paso Old Town? Elder abuse
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- French far-right TV pundit holds presidential campaign rally
- EXPLAINER: Jussie Smollett's turn to testify. Will he?
- Senegal registers first case of coronavirus omicron variant
- Hundreds march against COVID-19 restrictions in Belgium
- Saudi coalition in Yemen increases strikes on Houthi rebels
- Both sides planning for new state-by-state abortion fight
- Alcorn State faces tough test vs No. 15 Houston
- Texas Southern looks to knock off No. 14 Florida