With a flip of a switch El Paso welcomed the winter holidays.
The 2019 El Paso WinterFest returned to Downtown on Saturday, Nov. 23, with the Scherr Legate Celebration of Lights Parade and Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony at San Jacinto Plaza.
WinterFest runs daily through Jan. 5 with the holiday lights, ice-skating, train rides, entertainment, shopping and food and drink vendors. Free holiday movies at the Plaza Theatre, Fiesta Fridays with live music, story hours at area libraries, Streetcar rides and events and much more are also part of the fun.
Celebrating its fourth year, WinterFest is presented by the Hospitals of Providence and Providence Children’s Hospital.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Hospitals of Providence reopens specialty hospital
- Pancho Villa’s stash house
- Inside the restoration of one of El Paso's most iconic buildings: Trost's Plaza Hotel
- Two East Coast firms jump into El Paso market
- District attorney candidates call for better justice
- El Paso’s first Lush store opens at Cielo Vista Mall
- New state-of-the-art Beaumont finished
- 2nd case of new coronavirus confirmed among China evacuees
- One of El Paso's tallest towers getting new anchor tenant, sign
- Nightclub DJs do it for the music – and lotsa laughs
- El Paso bank executive appointed to Dallas Fed council
- EPCC VP elected to board
- Kimberly LaBree named Young Engineer of the Year
- Texas Tech El Paso marketing and communications team recognized
- El Paso County approves first healthy food grants
- Grant for Downtown mural approved
- Prudential expands employment program
- UTEP, Texas Tech El Paso increase opportunities for collaboration