With a flip of a switch El Paso welcomed the winter holidays.
The 2019 El Paso WinterFest returned to Downtown on Saturday, Nov. 23, with the Scherr Legate Celebration of Lights Parade and Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony at San Jacinto Plaza.
WinterFest runs daily through Jan. 5 with the holiday lights, ice-skating, train rides, entertainment, shopping and food and drink vendors. Free holiday movies at the Plaza Theatre, Fiesta Fridays with live music, story hours at area libraries, Streetcar rides and events and much more are also part of the fun.
Celebrating its fourth year, WinterFest is presented by the Hospitals of Providence and Providence Children’s Hospital.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso hospital chief: ‘Each day, we are reaching our limits.’
- ‘Ghost Stories of El Paso’
- Race for El Paso mayor: Meet the six candidates who want your vote
- Dipps opening new Economy Cash & Carry
- Doctors’ creativity goes virtual for Operation Pumpkin
- City snaps up 3 properties for COVID-19 health clinics
- EPISD superintendent, former board president deny fraud allegations
- Salata brings custom salads, wraps to El Paso
- Jordan Foster Construction VP recognized
- El Paso imposes curfew as virus cases overwhelm hospitals
- Dodgers hope Gonsolin more than an opener in Game 6
- US says airstrike killed 7 leaders of al-Qaida in Syria
- US announces planned $2.37 billion weapon sale to Taiwan
- Ex-police chief not cooperating with probe of Prude's death
- Lilly antibody drug fails in a COVID-19 study; others go on
- Republican lawsuit alleges problems with absentee balloting
- Teachers union asks Maryland for more info on virus cases