A fundraiser to help open a Gigi’s Playhouse in El Paso was held Dec. 6 at the at Union Depot. The playhouses are Down syndrome achievement centers for children and adults, and there are 16 in the country. In partnership with the Junior League, an El Paso location is in the works. Organizers hope to open one next year.
The El Paso fundraiser had a Mardi Gras theme with a silent auction and music by Music by Fungi Mungle.
Playhouses offer educational and therapeutic programs at no charge to families with the goal of maximizing self-confidence and empowering individuals to achieve their potential.
For more information, visit gigisplayhouse.org.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso health system buys Eastside hospital
- Sun Bowl teams to be announced Sunday
- El Pasoans take lead roles in ‘The Nutcracker’
- ZZ Top giving all their lovin’ without Dusty Hill
- Why the tower network atop the Franklin Mountains is causing 'massive concerns' across government agencies, law enforcement, elected leaders, the city and television stations
- Steven Clifton James
- El Paso banker named City Bank’s El Paso market president
- Jesus“Cimi” Alvarado - El Paso artist
- Miners headed to bowl game with winning record
- Cushman & Wakefield hires El Paso senior director
- Kellogg's union rejects deal with 3% raises to extend strike
- EPA lowers ethanol requirements, citing reduced demand
- Biden to withdraw embattled banking regulator nominee
- Judge who criticized death penalty system suspended 90 days
- Despite pandemic, famed Italian theater opens season
- The DPIS Builder Services Group of Companies Recognized by the EPA and RESNET for Industry Leadership
- Storms possible Friday
- Rollick Introduces AdDriver, a New Advertising Platform Targeting In-Market Powersports, RV and Marine Shoppers