The borderland's own star luchador Cinta de Oro and other wrestlers had a crowd roaring in Downtown El Paso as part of a Housing Opportunity Management Enterprise event on Wednesday, Sept. 22.
The event celebrated the completion a major renovation program by HOME – formerly the El Paso Housing Authority – to its properties, including the Blue Flame Building where the event was held.
A former WWE star known as Sin Cara, Cinta de Oro was raised on the housing projects in Segundo Barrio.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- El Paso health system buys Eastside hospital
- Sun Bowl teams to be announced Sunday
- ZZ Top giving all their lovin’ without Dusty Hill
- Steven Clifton James
- El Pasoans take lead roles in ‘The Nutcracker’
- Jesus“Cimi” Alvarado - El Paso artist
- El Paso banker named City Bank’s El Paso market president
- Making progress as simple as 3,2,1
- Why the tower network atop the Franklin Mountains is causing 'massive concerns' across government agencies, law enforcement, elected leaders, the city and television stations
- Cushman & Wakefield hires El Paso senior director
- Wrongfully convicted Massachusetts man freed after 27 years
- AP PHOTOS: Nepal's cliff honey hunters risk their lives
- Police: Israeli stabbed in Jerusalem, suspect flees on foot
- Taliban fighters now manning checkpoints in Afghan cities
- New soccer league helps Gaza amputees cope with war trauma
- Youngkin inaugural plans include pricey dinner, musical act
- Biden-Putin talks yield no breakthrough in Ukraine tensions
- Houston Baptist cruises past Champion Christian 84-67