"Here, hold this. It’s 100 million years old.” Read more
For more than 100 years, a school in the Segundo Barrio has been educating students, mostly from Mexico, preparing them for college and for life. It is named for a woman from Kansas who came to El Paso in the 1880s and helped organize schools for Hispanic boys who didn’t speak English. Read more
Featured Borderland Artists
Elia Esparza is hopeful for another moment in the sun.
There are few bands that capture the cultural melting pot of the borderland like Radio La Chusma.
El Paso’s Valerie Ponzio – famous for the four-chair turn on “The Voice” – has released the long-awaited video for her new song, “Órale” – an emphatic Spanish slang affirmation.
What started as a hobby – and a way to share her passion for her favorite band with fellow fans – has turned into a dream come true for El Paso singer-songwriter Emily Davis and her bandmates.
Sha’Vonne has been a fixture in the local music scene for several years – performing at Cool Canyon Nights, Alfresco! Fridays – and everything in between.
Sign up for our newsletters
- Over 120 El Paso businesses close for good; others fight for survival as aid dries up
- 'That’s Texas water. It’s going to be Texas water!': New water dispute arises with New Mexico
- Geologist digs up new footprints, burrows in borderland
- Butterfield Trail Golf Club gets second chance as City Council considers lease
- ‘Mija, Yes You Can’ seeks to empower, support
- Whispers: the latest Costco rumor, big gas deal and Mesa Street curse
- Governing with moxie: How New Mexico governor got on Joe Biden’s shortlist
- An El Paso couple restored a Trost house in Central. They didn't have to wait long for offers.
- Businesses close for good
- Sandwich chain opens first El Paso location
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Close adviser to Venezuela's president has coronavirus
- Complaints as medical waste piles up outside Mexico hospital
- Education Advanced, Inc. Ranks No. 2618 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Bonner scores 18, Sun hold off Wings 70-66
- Native American man seeks further delay of federal execution
- Tennessee lawmakers end session on protests, COVID liability
- Mexico judge holds gang leader for trial for fuel theft
- SC doc overseeing pandemic response: Data shows masks work