Demetria Bannister, an elementary school teacher, died of coronavirus complications a week into the start of the school year in South Carolina. The 28-year-old had taught at the Windsor Elementary School in Columbia for five years, CNN affiliate WIS reported.
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- They bought a piece of empty desert in 1971. Why a Horizon City group wants to buy it and many others.
- El Paso icon Myrna Deckert has died
- Jessica Zaragoza buys popular Bella Cora bakery
- Whispers: Jay J. Armes estate for sale, Dr. Alozie on the cover and the inside story
- Duo cultivate unique creative hub – and lager
- Survey: Downtown hopeful in face of pandemic crisis
- After scorching summer, El Paso Water moves to shore up water supply
- Jim Ward: Indebted to El Paso
- El Paso Fed: Growth slows amid signs of recovery
- El Paso physicians named to state leadership positions
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Virus risk looming at overcrowded French universities
- Polish ruling party forming minority govt, rejects partners
- Gurianov and the Stars take on Tampa Bay to start Stanley Cup Final
- Israel returns to virus lockdown as cases mount
- Asia mostly higher despite Wall Street slump, virus fears
- UN food chief urges rich to help keep millions from starving
- Stars, Lightning meet in nontraditional Stanley Cup Final
- Texas takes on Los Angeles following Lyles' solid performance