Vaccinations can prevent hospitalization and death for those who contract the virus; even previous recovery from a COVID-19 infection is no guarantee against severe illness from the delta variant.
Dr. Jennifer Clark said hospitals could encounter another “nightmare winter” if influenza hits hard: “Given the fact that we did not have a flu season last year, we’re at risk for having the classic twindemic they’ve been talking about."
Shelly Lawrence distinctly remembers Monday, Sept. 7, 2020. It was Labor Day, and she was excited to spend time with her family. While getting out of bed, Lawrence remembers her hand brushing the area by her left breast and feeling a large bump.
NEWPORT—The American Cancer Society estimates that one in eight women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. For some, the diagnosis alone can feel paralyzing. For 53-year-old Christy Adams, who overcame stage 3 breast cancer in January, her constitution prevailed. Now she answers a calling from within to help new patients facing for themselves what she went through last year.
Sophie and Tim Mason got so sick they nearly orphaned their four children.
If dealing with COVID and its ongoing fallout hasn’t been confounding enough, consider the added shock of just learning you have the Big C, and that it’s breast cancer.
A few days after his COVID-19 hospitalization, William "Wild Bill" Hansel believed he heard a fellow patient, to his right, weeping shortly before he died.
COVID-19 vaccination rates in Clinton and Jackson counties continue to edge up, as a new study from the University of Iowa showed that the virus is hitting rural communities much harder than metropolitan areas right now.
A Suffolk child who died of COVID served as class "nurse," her mother wrote, walking all the sick children to the clinic.
Chesterfield County Public Schools surpassed 1,000 student COVID-19 cases Wednesday morning, according to the district’s coronavirus dashboard.
Those who are considering becoming pregnant or those already pregnant may have a lot of questions when it comes to COVID-19, the vaccine to protect against the virus, and how the mother and the fetus will be affected.
WATAUGA — It was the longest week of her life. Lisa Rominger had no idea if her husband would make it off a ventilator. She had no idea if she would be the reason he died.
As frustration continues over people who refuse to get the free COVID-19 vaccine, Gov. Ralph Northam issued strong words on Monday and suggested that such people think about their obituaries.
One Richmond-based chain of urgent care centers has reduced its hours because of what it calls an “unsustainable increase in patient visits.”
With flu season coming up and some cases already in Tyler, officials are urging residents to be especially vigilant.
The nationwide demand for health care workers has inflated hourly rates to sometimes double pre-pandemic levels.
Tony Calcaterra has been hospitalized for two weeks; he plans to get vaccinated as soon as he is able.
If you haven’t already been exposed to the Delta variant of COVID-19, it’s so contagious and spreading so quickly that you will probably be exposed soon.
The El Paso Child Guidance Center is hosting a Wine & Wellness virtual fundraiser starting at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 12.
In this emotional equivalent to an ultra marathon, it’s key to have some stress-reducing strategies available that work quickly and efficiently to help you hit the reset button.
A new initiative by the city promotes healthier lifestyles among El Pasoans by encouraging physical activity, improved nutrition and strong mental well-being.
We cringe when we think about what might have been since the COVID-19 pandemic changed our lives.
Sign up for our newsletters
- El Paso health system buys Eastside hospital
- Sun Bowl teams to be announced Sunday
- El Pasoans take lead roles in ‘The Nutcracker’
- Why the tower network atop the Franklin Mountains is causing 'massive concerns' across government agencies, law enforcement, elected leaders, the city and television stations
- ZZ Top giving all their lovin’ without Dusty Hill
- Steven Clifton James
- Miners headed to bowl game with winning record
- El Paso banker named City Bank’s El Paso market president
- Cushman & Wakefield hires El Paso senior director
- Winter Holiday Roundup: Lights, Theater, Music & Santa
- Asian shares slide after China Evergrande warns of cash woes
- Report: Building collapse in southern Egypt kills 3 children
- German factory orders see 2nd big drop in 3 months
- Gunmen kill town mayor, wound another in south Philippines
- Doncic and Durant clash in Dallas-Brooklyn matchup
- BTS to take 'extended period of rest'
- Ana de Armas replaces Scarlett Johansson in Ghosted
- 27 still missing after Indonesia volcanic eruption kills 15