"Wait and see" attitude toward vaccines is having disastrous consequences for younger, previously healthy adults amid onset of extremely contagious delta variant. #COVID19
Panelists at the Healthier Oklahoma Coalition's weekly virtual news conference Tuesday expressed concern about the political nature of the pandemic and unlikelihood that the state's leadership will reverse course on mask mandates — which the state has now made illegal for schools to require.
The delta variant of the virus has a new wave of cases sending Oklahomans to the hospital. It's no time for complacency, experts are saying.
A man returned home on Wednesday after 221 days at the Guam Memorial Hospital where he was treated for COVID-19.
One recent survey found almost a quarter of people admit they lie to their doctors. Seventy-five percent of them cite embarrassment as the reason.
The American Red Cross and Oklahoma Blood Institute are each facing emergency low levels of blood products and urging Oklahomans to donate before the shortage becomes a crisis.
Men's health is getting an extra dose of attention this week.
As COVID-19 restrictions are phased out, those who live and work in local assisted living facilities say they are experiencing better days following a trying 15 months that has inflicted disproportionate physical and mental health challenges on their communities.
Ann Tillery saw the left side of her face begin to droop in her screen, her speech began to slur and her left arm felt heavy, all of the classic signs of a stroke.
The daily average of first-dose vaccinations each week plummeted to 3,810 in mid-April from a peak of 15,382 in mid-March, according to state data. The average has held relatively steady at about 3,000 first doses per day since May.
Summer brings the potential for dehydration and heat exhaustion, but diagnosing the issue can be difficult for emergency responders.
Every minute a cardiac arrest patient goes without care decreases that person’s chances of survival, which is why it’s important people know how to react in an emergency, a local EMS administrator said.
Branched-chain amino acids are linked to metabolic health in mice and humans.
In a small group of individuals who had mild cases of COVID-19, most had antibody-producing cells in their bone marrow that target the virus.
Some might say their paths crossing was serendipitous. For Alejandro "Alex" Alvarado and Kara Allen, they say it was the beginning of something that would forever connect them.
May 21—ST. LOUIS — A Washington University study has found higher incidence of prescription opioid use among recovering COVID-19 patients, suggesting doctors are using the potent painkillers to treat the lingering effects of the virus — and leading the study's main author to caution against such a trend. The study was released last month in the journal Nature. Its main finding showed that ...
A local surgeon says nationwide doctors are seeing a spike in cancer diagnoses due to pandemic delays.
Flu numbers in Michigan remain low as the season winds down. Along with an increase in flu vaccines administered, the precautions taken to contain the spread of the coronavirus also helped keep the flu case numbers low.
Medicaid expansion in Missouri is facing challenges in getting funding but it would add needed relief to rural hospitals, officials said.
The federally supported mass community vaccination center opened in north Tulsa.
She said there is still much to discover about the link between nearsightedness and digital screen time, but said the pandemic has "accelerated what already was a boom of cases."
Sign up for our newsletters
- Weather flame reignited atop historic Downtown tower
- Whispers: Seafood restaurant coming, Literarity news and 'Health Care Heroes' short film
- $1 million donation launches children’s museum exhibit
- Joe Pickett mulls return to public office
- Santander Consumer USA to Release a New Digital Experience for Automobile Dealers and Consumers
- ZZ Top: Bearded bassist Dusty Hill dies at 72
- What's Up & Coming: Concerts & Events
- Planned $50 million development on Interstate 10 files bankruptcy plan
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was overwhelmed by Jungle Cruise set
- Luminarias to line Ascarate Park for Aug. 3 remembrance
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Tunisia leader fires ambassador to US in rash of dismissals
- 'Flower Drum Song' and screen star Alvin Ing dies at 89
- Pro skateboarder faces murder charge in suburban Chicago
- Team, Inc. Announces Commercialization Of New SmartStop™ Isolation Technology
- Oasis Midstream Partners LP Announces Second Quarter 2021 Results, Increases Distribution and Updates Outlook
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2021 Results, Declares Dividend and Updates 2021 Outlook
- Democrats' national party workers forming union
- Delta variant has K-12 schools in Kansas imposing mask rules