For 36 years, Estela Casas has brought the day’s news into living rooms across the borderland. “I love my job because I can be a conduit to make my city a better place to live,” said Casas, a news anchor at Channel 7-KVIA. After battling breast cancer, she started Keep Abreast, which educates women about breast cancer, and the Stand with Estela fund, which helps women fighting breast cancer in El Paso and Las Cruces. Channel 7 KVIA; 4140 Rio Bravo, 915-496-1760, kvia.com, FB @EstelaCasasKVIA
Sign up for our newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Restaurant, dog park concept coming to El Paso
- City of El Paso announces hire
- El Paso County issues curfew ahead of Thanksgiving, Black Friday
- Local restaurants offer Thanksgiving to-go; ‘We’re doing what we can to stay alive.’
- ‘Mija Project’ pop-up opens at outlet mall
- UMC prepares for arrival of new coronavirus vaccines
- Outlet mall owner launches management company
- Turkey overload? Bring on the birria
- El Pasoan ends ‘The Voice’ run on high note
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
- Police: Texas officers shoot man who approached with knife
- Investigators search doctor's office, probing Maradona death
- Fauci: US may see 'surge upon surge' of virus in weeks ahead
- Fact or fiction? UK govt says 'The Crown' should be clear
- Driver crashes into landmark NYC arch; officer injured
- Hawaii seeks to be seen as a remote workplace with a view
- Arizona county prosecutors join in dropping pot charges
- Volcano in eastern Indonesia erupts, thousands evacuated